News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Uhlan Officer?s Ulanka... help

Hello,

This Ulanka belonged to a Rittmeister Schmidt, who served with the 2nd. Royal Saxon Uhlan Regiment No. 18, garrisoned at Leipzig.

The tunic has a tag with the officer?s name, the regiment number and the date 1915. The Ulanka has the new regimetal color (burgundy) after it was changed from ponceau rot (poppy red) in 1915.

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Thanks to Glenn at the Aerodrome Forum, I learnt that we are possibly talking about Rittmeister der Reserve Alfred Schmidt of 2. Ulanen-Regiment Nr. 18.

Leutnant: 22.11.99

Oberleutnant d.R.: 14.8.08 A

Rittmeister d.R: 14.8.13 G

Paul Chepurko at the Wehrmacht Awards Forum wrote the following:

"According to the 1914 Sachen Rangliste he had the following awards:

1. Sachen Albert Cross 2nd class

2. Landwehr long service 2nd class

3. Sachen Ernestine house order 2nd class

4. Sachen Altenburg Ernest medal

Since he was a reserve officer he is not listed in the post war army honor ranklist"

Can someone in this forum provide me with more information about this person? A picture perhaps???

Thanks,

George

Edited by GMU

I am also here. About the only way to get a picture is from the regimental history if there is one. Not all regiments published a history.

Hey Paul. Thank you very much for your help. I decided to post it here because you never know who will be looking where and when. Yes, I know, obtaining a photo would be difficult, but yet again...you never know... Thanks again. George

Guest Rick Research

Saxe-Ernestine House Order-Knight 1st Class with Swords from Saxe-Altenburg 22.3.15 as Rittmeister der Reserve on Staff of Generalkommando XIX. Armeekorps.

His only Saxon Order during the war was

Albert-Knight 1st X on 22.3.16 as Rtr dR, Armee-Munitionskolonne 2-XIX.

Saxe-Ernestine House Order-Knight 1st Class with Swords from Saxe-Altenburg 22.3.15 as Rittmeister der Reserve on Staff of Generalkommando XIX. Armeekorps.

His only Saxon Order during the war was

Albert-Knight 1st X on 22.3.16 as Rtr dR, Armee-Munitionskolonne 2-XIX.

Thank you very much for the information. I appreciate very much your help.

Regards,

George

George,

Magnificent Uhlanka!! :love::love: Any chance you can post a close up of the ribbons?

Dan Murphy

Dan,

Thank you very much for your comments. Here are some more pictures. The ribbon of EKII and Albert Order is a single combined ribbon. The other one, of course, is that of the Saxe-Ernestine House Order.

Thanks again. Regards, George

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by GMU