Jump to content
Gentleman's Military Interest Club


Bronze Membership
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

About jonv

  • Rank

Contact Methods

  • Website URL

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
  • Interests
    German General officers
    Imperial German uniforms

Recent Profile Visitors

1,624 profile views
  1. Thanks Andy ... many new profiles to come.
  2. Good news, for those interested ... the 1,300 page site Prussian Machine is back online. The website profiles Imperial Germany's leadership and the formation of the Imperial Army. http://www.prussianmachine.com/ cheers!
  3. Yes guys, thanks so much for your clarifying comments! The "acort" mentioned here is in reference to a last will. Very interesting about the Sütterlin chronology, GreyC. Almost every letter in this document match up very nicely with Sütterlinschrift. German speakers must have been learning a variant of it in school over 100 yrs before Prussia officially taught it.
  4. the site remains intact ... trying now to get it back online
  5. Looking for assistance with Suetterlin script: ?? aufrichtigen acort oder ?verglich gemacht? den 24 Tag October 1799 *context: possibly a last will/testament. Thanks
  6. Hey Glenn, Thanks for the assist! regards from Colorado - Jon
  7. Looking for some name verification of these generals: 1. Karl Bansi or Paul Bansi 2. Hugo v. Altrock or Konstantin v. Altrock Bansi Altrock
  8. Almost hopeless; so you're saying there's a chance, Glenn? Haha well, I figured as much ... stupid Überrocks - ruining my life. Thanks Glenn Jon
  9. great! hey Chris, get back with me via email: jcviser@comcast.net
  10. For those interested, the Prussian Machine website is now located at: http://www.prussianmachine.com/ The site maintains numerous profiles on Germany's Great War military leadership.
  11. Tach! Was benennt man diese Gruppe von Generalstabs-Mitglieder, die in Friedenszeit bei Korps- bzw Divisionstäben gedient haben...dh im Vergleich zu jenen Soldaten, die beim Großen Generalstab Berlin ein permanentes Amt bekleidet haben?? Ich meine, obs dafür einen spezifischen Ausdruck überhaupt gibt? In Kriegszeiten sagt man dazu = Truppengeneralstab (glaub ich) Gruß - Jon http://home.comcast.net/~jcviser/army/genstab.htm