News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Friends.

Can anyone please tell me what this description of a WW1 German Medal is. The medal I have seen appears almost identical to the Hindenburg Cross but the ribbon stripe colours are as follows from left to right:- Large Red; Small White; Small Green: Small White; Large Red; Small White; Small Green; Small White.

Many Thanks in Advance.

Baz

Is it one of these?

1. memelland medal.

2. Hungarian war commemorative

Neither medal would match the description you give of yours, however.

Edited by Ralph A

Thanks Ralph.

No sorry. My ribbon description is correct. The Reds are about twice the size of the first one you show and the left Red goes right up to the left edge, the whites and greens are as per the second you show. I regret I can't send you an image because they are up for auction tomorrow with an Iron Cross 2nd class and the Hindenburg Cross, hence, I was hoping to Identify this one. If I get them I'll post a print of the ribbon but, both the Hindenburg and the other look the same with 1914 1918 on the front of them.

Baz

Thanks Ralph.

No sorry. My ribbon description is correct. The Reds are about twice the size of the first one you show and the left Red goes right up to the left edge, the whites and greens are as per the second you show. I regret I can't send you an image because they are up for auction tomorrow with an Iron Cross 2nd class and the Hindenburg Cross, hence, I was hoping to Identify this one. If I get them I'll post a print of the ribbon but, both the Hindenburg and the other look the same with 1914 1918 on the front of them.

Baz

Hello Again Ralph.

I am attatching the medals I purchased today. Am I correct in assuming that the first is an Iron Cross 2nd Class and the other is refered to as a Hindenburgh. It is the third I would like to know please, if anyone can help?. The Iron Cross has a Crown W and 1914. The 2nd Medal has 1914 1918 and some Scrolled letters in the middle of it's reverse. The Last has the letters P. & C.L. on the bottom of the reverse.

[attachmentid=48330]

[attachmentid=48333]

Thanks alot.

Have you ever seen these, which I also got.

The first has the name William Siemens on the reverse. Is it the German equivalent to our memorial plaques for WW1?. The 2nd, I am unsure if it is German. It reads Liberi Liberus Gratulantur Sociis with the date Dec 4 1855 at the bottom.

Baz.