News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Liberation of Kuwait Medals

Guest Darrell

Guest Darrell

Here are a couple that arrived today. Another in the list of countries that issued medals for the Liberation of Kuwait.

1. United Arab Emirates - Obverse

Guest Darrell

Well I've decided to post a couple of the "Liberation" set awarded to the Americans to fill in this group.

5. Kuwaiti Medal for Liberation of Kuwait 1st Type - Obverse

Guest Darrell

6. Saudi Arabian Medal for the Liberation of Kuwait (Official Saudi Arabian Cased Set).

Medal in Case Obverse:

Guest Darrell

Said it before and I'll say it again.........just cherry, absolutely wonderful medals. Are you collecting examples of Liberation medals from each country that issued them?

Not as in right now. I've been grabbing these as opportunity arises, but not going out of my way to look. The last two cased examples I've owned for a while already.

Thanks again :beer:

Guest Darrell

As posted elsewhere and identified as a Saudi "Valour" award ... it was handed out for participation in the 1991 Gulf War. Maybe not a direct "Liberation of Kuwait" medal ... but ... isnt that what that war was all about?

Obverse:

Edited by Darrell

Guest Darrell

Here's a couple of the United States manufactured versions of the Kuwait and Saudi Liberation medals. Although close, the Kuwait is obviosuly "different". The Saudi one has that "Flat-Matt" yellow medal used in most of todays current medal strikes.

Kuwait Version Obverse:

Edited by Darrell

6. Saudi Arabian Medal for the Liberation of Kuwait (Official Saudi Arabian Cased Set).

Medal in Case Obverse:

Darrell - Great set of medals! It made me look at my Saudi issued Liberation of Kuwait Medals. I have two each in simular but different sized cases and the back is a bit different. So there are at least two variations of this medal. Keviin

• 1 year later...