News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Spanienkreuz mit brillianten

Sal Williams

I had the opportnity to get in hand an original named one many years ago. I got no pics, the owner didn't want. Original crosses are beautiful, even when there are in worn condition. I'll post a pic I found on another forum of a cross attributed to Harlinghausen (this is what it is written) and , that he worn during his Bundeswehr duty. All the swasticas were dnazified by applying gold on, thus making a gold square. unfortunatly, no reverse pic.

Stan cross is convincing on the pics. the engraving looks to the original. which made me starnge is of course the price, but also the pin, the color doesn't match to originals, and the size looks like a normal cross. By comparing side by side with an original, sure other main details should jump to the eyes.

So, be carefull before spending such amount of money.

• 4 weeks later...

Che,

What are the points of difference between the fake and the original Spanish Crosses in Gold with Diamonds that you show?

That's a cool Spanish Cross in Gold that you also show. Can you post photos of the reverse on a new thread?

Most of these crosses are simply hallmarked with silver content. I've never seen a gold version which was marked 900 "CEJ".

Stan

Che,

What are the points of difference between the fake and the original Spanish Crosses in Gold with Diamonds that you show?

Stan

You can distinguish a fake, If you had an opportunity in hands the original.

Original crosses are beautiful, even when there are in worn condition.

The truth.

Here is a picture of a cased cross presented in a german magazine. The cross is presented as original, but I've been told that this green case isn't. In fact I don't know which color the diamonds cross cases were made of?

Period pics taken during the ceremony are not clear enough to determine the color of the case.

jacques

Looking at post picture #43 ,... I saw that the small Swastikas were just covered and the squeres probably removable , now the centre Swastika , I would think from the 'domed' appearance is just capped(soldered on ?) as well ,... is it still there too ? Hard to tell , from picture .

But as the small ones were not cut or ground off , which is easily done , would indicate this award still has the original centre aswell .

I take it this receipient did not order a 1957 version of his award . Or could one even order Diamond Awards in 57 issue type ?

Douglas