News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Belgian Croix de Guerre UK production question

Since the Belgian Croix de Guerre is not produced by the State Mint but rather by private manufacturers, there exist a lot of variations for this medal.

Now, I have been able to distinguish, by looking through old catalogues, different models made in France.

Surely some industrious british medal maker must have had the splendid idea of producing Belgian Croix de Guerre to replace lost medals or offer as duplicates.

Does anyone have a catalogue of such a medallist with a pic of the CdG, or does anyone have a CdG in an original British box?

In short anything that might help distinguish an English variation from a Belgian one.

Thanks for your help

Jan

Edited by Vatjan

Very interesting question!!!

However, maybe is the right forum for this question

the forum concerning the belgian / french and other countries ??? ?

Belgian awards

However I'm yet very curious about the difference between French manufacturers and Belgian manufacturers!!!

Kind Regards,

Jacky

Very interesting question!!!

However, maybe is the right forum for this question

the forum concerning the belgian / french and other countries ??? ?

Belgian awards

However I'm yet very curious about the difference between French manufacturers and Belgian manufacturers!!!

Kind Regards,

Jacky

Since this question is aimed directly at British medal collectors, I think this is the good subforum for this question.

Still a lot of work ahead before this project comes to an end, but will share whatever info I have. :cool:

Best regards

Jan

Edited by Vatjan