News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Army Badges

• 3 weeks later...
    • Replies 106
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

C 01 -- Army Pin

The grandfather of them all, the first pin for the Mongolian Army, ca. 1921. This one, though in generally good condition, has been altered for sewing directly onto the uniform.

Late to get one in my collection but finally got one - and it's definitely not a "clean from the bank" version, but rather a well worn one incl a similar alteration to sew it onto the uniform.

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-679-0-81543000-1398196938.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_04_2014/post-679-0-55305700-1398197057.jpg

Hot damn!!!!! Congrats Bob... Amazing find and yes I'm jealous!!!

I can't resist myself sometimes, even when my wallet is screaming "no, don't buy". My big wishes are still a type 1 Polar Star and a Gold Hero Star... both, I'm afraid, will require a LOT of patience and perhaps more funds than I'm willing to part with for my collection.

At least it's not like 2005 or so anymore... when you could log on to eBay 3-4x a day and there'd be a tsunami of new stuff to bid on.

I do have something else which I'll be able to post in coming days - a wonderful (albeit incomplete) Cuban-Soviet-Mongolian cross-over group awarded to a Mongolian General. Mainly documents, but also some order/medal/badges.

Would be nice if we could breath a bit of life back into the Mongolia forum!

• 2 years later...
    • 1 year later...

Ed,  

Sorry this is a post regarding a post in Documents a GoGo.  I am in the process of purchasing Order of Red Banner of Combat Valor #859 and I saw you posted the document many years back. Is it for sale? I would be interested in reuniting the document with its order.

cheers,

Will