News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

The World's Most BIZARRE Award-- A New Chapter!

Guest Rick Research

Havn't got a clue who that was-- put it out in its own ID thread, front and back. Not Reichsheer or Reichsmarine which means this Mystery Hessian passed through Weimar in the Polizei--invisibly.y

The ribbon is from a german taylors stock find with about 250 different ribbons. It contained i.e. about 50 meters of Hindenburg Cross ribbon... And this 12cm of Tamara ribbon.

A kingdom for a horse! :jumping: I'd gladly give 50 meters of Hindy ribbon for one piece of Tamara's...

• 1 year later...

Should be--the top of that one's hat-thingum looks FLAT rather than pointy, but that could just be because it is not as nice as my Epson 2400 makes scans:

attachicon.gifGeorgian_Tamara_3rd_Class_obv_720dpi_ns_PAINT_for_KBs.jpg

Meybauer either beat out the competition from Küst (the original "Legion" badge maker) and Sedlatzek, or his prices were better. Or maybe he was just "thar fustest with the mostest" when the mass of 1919 returnees got home and wanted a batch-- and NOBODY knew what the things were SUPPOSED to look like! :cheeky:

Speaking of Sedlatzek, here's a Tamara that I just received.

Has a marking on the pin on the reverse: "Friedr. Sedlatzek Berlin"

It also came with a piece of ribbon (finally I got some Tamara ribbon)

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-679-0-94273100-1419615235.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_12_2014/post-679-0-01241800-1419615242.jpg

• 5 years later...

Hello friends, I want to share a photo of Order of Queen Tamara. This award belonged to a famous Georgian politician and public figure of the late 1800s- Niko Nikoladze.

Niko Nikoladze was the honorary chairman of the National Democratic Party of Georgia (1917-1921).

He took an active part in the socio-economic life of the newly created Georgian republic. His signature is on the Act of Independence of Georgia (1918).

More information about him you can find in this following Wikipedia link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Niko_Nikoladze

He was awarded with this Queen Tamara Order in 1918 by the Committee of the Independence of Georgia

A34.png

Edited by GEORGIA on my mind

Hello friends,

It seems there was a need for Tamara ribbons in germany in the 20ies and 30ies.

This is from the stock of a well known German outfitter.

27mm, 15mm and 9mm Tamara ribbons. 

Funny enough, Mr. G. sorted these among "Russia",

Best,

Daniel

20200608_214505.jpg

23 hours ago, Daniel Krause said:

Hello friends,

It seems there was a need for Tamara ribbons in germany in the 20ies and 30ies.

This is from the stock of a well known German outfitter.

27mm, 15mm and 9mm Tamara ribbons. 

Funny enough, Mr. G. sorted these among "Russia",

Best,

Daniel

20200608_214505.jpg

Hi Daniel, could you please answer on the private message I sent you on 11 May...