News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Gents

I saw this bar around 7 years ago, and I have finally been able to photograph it. Since I have never seen an 1870 bar with an EK2 "in the flesh" down under some opinions on the bar as a whole would be really appreciated. I'm not entirely sure if 2 long service awards are legit on a bar of this age. :(

Thanks in advance!

Jason

Edited by Jason

Hi Jason,

i like it. I think, the two LS-awards aren?t a problem in this case, as it was probably an Enlisted Rank(15year-cross), which became an Officer(25 year cross) later and just decided to wear both of his LS-awards, i guess.

The Crown-Order is definately an old one (small crown) and the awards and bars on the bar are all real in my opinion. The construction of the bar looks very good too.

Lets see, what the others say...

best,

Gerd

Gentlemen,

The piece looks very good to me. Nice Godet short 7 EK2. I thought the m,ker would be Godet, but still very nice. The LS crosses were just updeted since I9I3. Looks like good old piece to vet still living until WWI.

D. Murphy

Edited by Daniel Murphy

• 2 weeks later...