News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Lets see whatever you have relating to Gau badges including pics of these badges in wear etc.

Here are 2 of my most prized sets.

The Gau Thuringen badge set. Recently acquired from a well respected US collector.

I also have an award document for the Gau Thuringen badge that I will post a pic of when I get

the chance.

IPB Image

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a cased Gau Berlin badge in Silver grade. The badge is a lovely 41mm constructed badge made by the Lauer firm whom seem to have been the sole maker of this badge.
    gmic_berlin1.jpg.a0a0c71e82e23426eee00c96dc247af7.jpg

The  stickpin miniature of the badge is of equal high quality and made by the same firm. I've so far not seen another miniature example, except for one other, which was part of an amazing nine piece miniature awards chain that had been found by Toby Rowan.

gmic_berlin2.jpg.d525c75edf62202880b5b7aa0e5e1327.jpg

Not part of my collection although I wish it was, the Werner Bock group of documents, including the Gau Berlin Besitz-urkunde, as auctioned by Hermann Historica. This grouping I believe has since been broken up.

59252314ecf3b_SA-Hauptsturmfhrers-Werner-Bock.jpg.3f33a5db130be4d90843e409c6a4f642.jpg

Edited by Raz
    Updating broken photo links and descriptions

Stan, thanks for posting those, wonderful pieces.

What else do you have in your bag of tricks? ;-)

Here are my Gau Essen's. The larger aluminium Hofstatter marked rally badge and the 935

silver gau badge.

Anyone have one of those great looking embroidered 1938 Gautag Essen postcard to show?

Thanks for posting those Stan.

Here's my Gau East Prussia. I have to use the scrappy sellers old pic for now.

I'll post a better one when I am able.

This piece is maker marked W?chtler & Lange and serial numbered.

IPB Image

The Gau Berlin badge in silver grade. A lovely 41mm constructed badge made by the Lauer firm whom

seem to be the sole maker of this badge.

The enamel stickpin is of equal high quality. I've never seen another miniature of this badge except

for one which was on an amazing 9 piece miniature awards chain which Toby Rowan had tracked down.

Photo credit TobyR:

IPB Image

Not part of my collection although I wish it was.

Hallo Raz, interesting chain of minis showed in the picture, :jumping::jumping:

the first medal is the Order of the Star of Romania, Knights Cross, Second type.

the second is: Hungarian Order Of Merit (1922-1945.)

the third is: Serbian, Order of Saint Sava.

the fourth is: Bulgaria, Order of Civil Merit.

the last 5 all iii reich, in all an interesting set.

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Raz,

That looks like a really nice Gau East Prussia and no doubt it is made from lightweight material?

The worst looking Gau badge in my opinion is the Gau Hannover. Most people think that this badge comes in Bronze, Silver and Gold but I reckon that the only awarded Gau Hannover badge was in Gold with the Bronze version being a "tinnie". My reasoning is because Dr. Doehle only shows the Gold version in his book and the example I have comes with it's citation which does not mention the grade but does show a Gold badge on the cover. Also, the Bronze versions are far too common.I'll post some pics.

Stan

Stan, you're correct about the material of the badge.

I've also noticed other East Prussia variations out there other than the Wachtler & Lange made pieces.

I've never been 100% comfortable with them.

You've out gunned me Stan, I've just about run out of things to post ;-)

Guest WAR LORD

I would like to hop in on the Osthannover Gau Badge. This was indeed pressented in Bronze Silver and Gold. As to Stans statement, "My reasoning is because Dr. Doehle only shows the Gold version in his book". This Book leaves a number of things in the air.The solid backs are a bit of an inigma. Still go with the tines.

• 3 weeks later...

Yum

Love these political badges, however I think for some personal reason, the Osthannover badge is the least striking, dunno why, I just don't like it! ;)

How about the large wreathed 1923 badge used by many Gaus? Love that one!

And the Wartheland - hmmmmmmm :beer:

Regards

Matt Gibbs

• 4 months later...

Yum

Love these political badges, however I think for some personal reason, the Osthannover badge is the least striking, dunno why, I just don't like it! ;)

How about the large wreathed 1923 badge used by many Gaus? Love that one!

And the Wartheland - hmmmmmmm :beer:

Regards

Matt Gibbs

Matt,

It took a long time for me to get around to posting these pics but better late than never!

Stan