News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 56
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Hello!

Nice rare Badges,thanks for sharing.Very interesting tread. :jumping:

All the best

Nesredep

I thought I would add the missing Gau Baden badges to this thread.

Firstly, Gold and silver for membership since 1923 and 1927.

Stan

Lets see whatever you have relating to Gau badges including pics of these badges in wear etc.

Here are 2 of my most prized sets.

The Gau Thuringen badge set. Recently acquired from a well respected US collector.

I also have an award document for the Gau Thuringen badge that I will post a pic of when I get

the chance.

gau1.jpg

Hello!

Wow,stunning.

All the best :beer::jumping::jumping::jumping::jumping:

Nesredep

• 3 months later...

Just happened upon this thread--great pieces! For some reason (probably the rarity of most of them) the Gau badges have never been overly popular with collectors--pre internet they were nearly impossible to find. Stan, that Baden with the 1923 bar is amazing! I can't remember having seen one before.

Erich

I finally think that Gau badges may be coming into their own. I have heard that a major collector/dealer has written a book that will be coming out soon with lots of photos of some very rare pieces.

I finally think that Gau badges may be coming into their own. I have heard that a major collector/dealer has written a book that will be coming out soon with lots of photos of some very rare pieces.

Erich,

Yes, Craig Gottlieb has written the book and borrowed a couple of pictures from me.

Stan

Keep us posted when these books come out.

Ps

sorry for no pics of mine showing up anymore on this post, my old webspace got

trashed, will have to sort out new space and get the pics back up.

• 2 weeks later...

Stan, I was talking about another well known West Coast dealer.

Erich,

Which one? That is indeed strange that two West Coast dealers are writing books on the same subject. If you don't want to mention his name you can always pm me. I know that it isn't SW because he asked me to send some photos to Craig of my Gau Danzig.

Thanks.

Stan

Stan, I was talking with SW and told me that a lot of his pieces were photographed in Europe for this book. It could be possibly for CG's book?

Erich,

That's the answer I was expecting. CG is writing the book and SW is providing much of the material.

Stan

• 2 years later...

Here is an unpainted 1923 Common Gau badge which I thought I would add to the thread.

Most people think that this type is simply a painted version with the paint removed but I disagree. IMO there were 3 types of badge- Painted, unpainted and enameled.

Hi Stan

No matter what people say about these they are a lovely badge whether they are painted, enamalled or unpainted. Ahhh to own one...hmmmm christmas is coming

Mel the Kiwi

• 1 year later...
    • 5 years later...