News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

S?chsische 9-teilige Ordenspange des Oberregierungsrat des Reichsluftfahrtministeriums und ehemaliger Feldwebelleutnant

Paul Ramsauer

Dear forumites,

This is my first time I am posting on this forum.

Lately I have been a bit irresponsable and did some wild purchases. I think that after that I need to lay back and enjoy my latest additions.

As many of yours may already know this medal bar with complete with a ribbon bar and many documents was adquired in a known German auction in late may 2005.

I shall begin with the description of the medal bar:

1) Eisernes Kreuz 2. Klasse (OEK 1909)

2) Sachsen-K?nigreich, ZVO 2. Modell 1891-1918, Silbernes Verdienstkreuz mit Schwertern (OEK 2160)

3) Sachsen-K?nigreich, Albrechtskreuz mit Schwertern 1910-1918, in einem St?ck gepr?gt (OEK 2216)

4) Sachsen-K?nigreich, Friedrich-August-Medaille, Silberne Medaille am Kriegsband (OEK 2283)

5) Deutsches Reich 1933-1945, Ehrenkreuz f?r Frontk?mpfer (OEK 3803)

6) Deutsches Reich 1870-1918, China-Denkm?nze in Bronze mit 3 Spangen: Fouphing, Tschang-Tsch?ngling (inofiziell), Huolu (OEK 3150 + 3164 + 3161)

7) Sachsen-K?nigreich, Dienstauszeichnung 1. Klasse f?r 25 Jahre (OEK 2308)

8) DA 2. Klasse f?r 18 Dienstjahre der LW (OEK 3858)

9) DA 4. Klasse f?r 4 Dienstjahre der LW (OEK 3860)

There were two medals which came in the same case but separately, not mounted on the bar:

1) Erinnerungsmedaille an den 1. Oktober 1938 (Sudetenlandanschluss)

2) Ungarn, 1. WK Erinnerungsmedaille am Dreiecksband

The ribbon bar has all the medals represented...

Enjoy...

Ciao,

Claudio

Edited by Claudio

Guest Rick Research

Claudio-- did you get any award documents on the Saxon awards? Or an Auszug with the dates for those?

He's not on the published roll for either the Merit Cross X or the Albert Cross X and I will pencil him in if he is among the unrecorded 1918 recipients! LOTS of holes in 1918!

So... how do crackers and re-used tea bags taste, every meal, after a few months? laugh.gif :food-smiley-004:

Hi Rick,

No documents to the Albrechtskreuz mit Schwertern and the Verdienstkreuz mit Schwertern des ZVO. Unfortunately they are missing from this lot. How unfortunate!

Here I have another Urkunde to the DA 1. Klasse... at least!

Fortunately I don't have to eat crackers and drink tea from old re-used teabags biggrin.giftongue.gif , but I surely need to control my shopping impulse. wink.gif

Ciao,

Claudio

Guest Rick Research

jumping what great stuff! There is enough here to drive everyone including me insane with Imperial Time (XXV) and Third Reich Time (18???!!! ohmy.gif )

What artillery unit was he in, in China? I haven't seen an award document for one of those issued IN CHINA ever! jumping

Guest Rick Research

Major (18.1.01 T) Riese is a bit of a problem, since there were TWO artillery officers with the same last name... and BOTH are listedv in the Honor Rank List in two different ranks-- for the same person!

But this one apparently retired after serving in Southwest Africa: he added Xs to his Red Eagle 4 in China (rather odd, instead of an REO4X with his peacetime RE04) and a Prussian Crown3X for Africa.

The unit reads "1. fahrenden Batterie Ostas. Feldartillerie-Abtheilung fr?her in der Infant. Munit. Kol. No. 2 Ostas. Mun. Kol. Abth."

Old fashioned spelling, as well as handwriting!

Thanks Rick for correcting my spelling and the words... man! That is complicated, even though I can speak and read German!

Another close up shot of the bars on the China-Denkm?nze! wink.gif

Guest Rick Research

A naughty "unofficial" China bar in the middle!

Yes, that calls him of the "Landwehr," so I don't know how he got the regular XXV Cross! I think they awraded him the wrong ONE-- and tghat is why he had a Luftwaffe 18 but no 25! :wacko:

Signed by Generalleutnant Falk Wilhelm Ernst OTTO von Tettenborn (21.6.1856-28.11.1919), charakterisiert General der Infanterie 11.2.18--

he got a St. Henry-Knight 31.10.14, Saxon Merit Order-CommanderX with StarX 1916, and Albert-Grand Cross X 1917.

I have ZERO experience with Saxon award documents-- never had any, never saw any before I met my Evil Twin (separated at birth). Since W?rttemberg had the world's weirdest, nonsensical system of making awards and then taking them back in WW1, perhaps saxony's long service regulations allowed total active duty time to count, even when not a regular? God knows, I don't!