News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Imperial Russian Shoulder board collection

Hello, A rough guide :  The shoulder boards made of gold or silver lace with a zig zag pattern and with no stripes are for Generals. The ones made of lace with two stripes are for Field Officers ,those with one stripe are for company officers . 

• 3 weeks later...

There is no Captain in hussars, equivalent rank is called Rotmistr. Shtabs Rotmistr of 12th Hussars is on the picture and Rotmistr (full captain) would be with no pips (stars).

Sajkaca, Thanks for your answer , the Rotmistr was in fact the Russian equivalent of the German Rittmeister, The Bulgarian Cavalry and Artillery Captain was Rotmistr also if i am not wrong. 

Cossacks have Podesaul and Esaul ?

Hello Sajkaca, very interesting pieces ! and scarse I believe. thanks for share

Emperor Nicholas was frequently portrayed wearing the Cossack uniform, He always beared the rank of Colonel , In which Museum are the uniforms of Nicholas II ?

• 1 month later...
    • 3 months later...
    On 29/10/2019 at 20:42, JanneP said:

Why this interesting thread seems to be dead now.......

It's a general trend: most of the forums slowly die, as global communication is significantly transferred to social networks: Facebook, etc. I've been observing this phenomenon even on Russian military forums in the last years.

Hi! There are no "global" discussions dedicated only to shoulder-boards and epaulettes on Russian forums, or on social networks. However there are many smaller discussions which bring you interesting information. First of all you can check the Russian Imperial Uniforms section of the Sammler.ru forum, and I suggest you to visit the "Imperial Russian Military Photos" group on FB. You can also check my own profile on FB - I'm Michael Doubrovin. Unfortunately I don't collect shoulder-boards anymore, but I have a lifelong scope on the history of Russian lancers regiments (including their insignia).

• 4 weeks later...

Or to be more precise, on furlough. Frankly speaking, I was expecting that someone else will pick it up and continue. This time something extremely rare, shoulder board of the Royal Yugoslav 16th Infantry Regiment of the Russian Emperor Nicholas II. Regiment was named after Emperor in 1911, after Serbian Princess Helena got married to Duke of the royal blood Ioan Konstantinovich Romanov, and cipher was introduced in 1937.

20191207_110220 - Copy.jpg

2031-0276.jpg

Edited by Sajkaca

Hello!

Those who have better knowledge can you identify these shoulder boards?514178989_ImperialRussianshoulderboardsI.jpg.4435f0dcb80a410c48feb6486465dd3b.jpg644332660_ImperialRussianshoulderboardsII.jpg.f330df7898192e6cde79f57a900e612b.jpg417729195_ImperialRussianshoulderboardsIII.jpg.6b8980099f7449362f2e6258a141410e.jpg

In the middle picture,  second shoulder board from the right. I think in that should be printed the crown and the insignia of Nicholas II.

Hello the Cipher of Nicholas II is a latin capital H crowned and with the roman numeral II .in the second row of SBs it appears on the first one from left to right ,marked with Ink pencil, and on the third and fourth SBs on the third metallic and ond the fourth stencilled in yellow . On the lower picture appears a Full General SB , no stars , a Lieutenant General SB , a Official of General rank SB ,and a Rear Admiral Sb . 

Aclaration ,I tiped wrong Lieutenant General , the two stars General was Major General

Hello, the link posted by Prem is very interesting, I will add some quotes . The pair of SBs on the first pic are not Russian , probably are Serbian . the black, piped red SB is from Artillery and of a senior NCO , The blue one with the Nr 108 is from the 108th Saratov Infantry Regiment ,the khaki one with Nr 108 is from the same regiment the reverse side of the blue one

Hello! Thank you for your answers! Of course always you can tell me more about.

When on shoulder board is initials like N(icholas) II does it always mean that he is the honorary commander of that unit?