News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Army Parachutist Badge

Sorry Wayne, but I have concerns about this badge.

As far as I know, the only maker marked examples were the 1st pattern type made in aluminium..

An original 1st pat' has no beard (this characteristic came into being on the 2nd pattern )..

Your maker mark, although close, is not, IMO, an original 'Juncker' mark..

Seeing that we have some members who collect these badges, perhaps they could lend a helping hand in comparing Wayne's badge to examples in their reference files.

Hi Wayne,

I have to agree with John concerning your badge. These badges were either produced in aluminum (1st pattern) or zinc (later pattern). These badges are rare to find.

I'm posting my late war zinc badge.

No marker mark, but produced by Juncker.

Tony

I also do think the badge is not good. The E.Queen book is quite helpful and this topic is available on others forum.

Several things bother me:

Metal umployed

Hook

MM

Color

details of the eagle & the wreath

rivets

hinge

To many for such a rare badge of which just one or two Juncker marked are known.

Jacques

Guest Wayne sinnott

No problem, the badge didnt cost me anything and as a "proper one" is hard to come by I am happy to leave it in my collection, it is still a quality badge, the eagle looks like it could be made of silver but I am no metal expert, if there is no doubt that this badge is a fake there are some very talented people out there who need to find better ways of channeling their talents