Gentleman's Military Interest Club
oli4vercammen

Belgium - Royal Order of the Lion

A very nice Grand Officer, do you have anymore, I have never seen example's of this order before. :beer: Thanks for posting

See on the next link of the website of the Royal Armuy Museum in Brussels all grades of the Royal Order of the Lion.

Click here

:love::jumping::love:

and for more information see the database of the museum ;)

Edited by g_deploige

who can top that collection? Maybee "de koffer in het Loo" (the case at the Loo museum Apeldoorn, Holland) :P

anyway this was on my computer, so I didn't have to scan it. yes I know I'm a lazy dude.

If you ever want to part with that knight of the royal order of the lion.... You know where I'm...

I have bought recently a nice silver medal of the order... however no ribbon.. so If you have somewhere a spare ribbon... Please feel free to contact me.

Kind regards,

Jacky

p.s didn't that picture come off ebay??

Maybee if you read my post carefully I've written: "anyway this was on my computer, so I didn't have to scan it. yes I know I'm a lazy dude."

So it means that I won the auction, copied the pictures and posted them, so I didn't have to scan the decoration!

Becouse all this bla, bla and no boem, boem (the Flemish will understand this joke ;-)) I'll post a picture of a part of my collection. When I saw that it wasn't there :speechless1: I thurned in several collours :cheeky: but then I remembered that it was in a box of not labeled decorations!

:catjava:

moraal van het verhaal: niet zagen en foto's posten of ik word boos :violent:

natuurlijk kan je me steeds gerelateerde vragen stellen en moet je me niet als een arogante kl**tzak aanzien en mocht je ooit eens naar Vaanderen komen dan ben ik niet te beroerd om je op een pintje te trakteren :beer:

excuse me for my use of the Flemish language on this international forum :blush:

Edited by oli4vercammen

aaaarghhhh :cheeky:

kwijl kwijl kwijl :jumping:

4 knights....

You only need one ;)

Gimme one gimme one gimme one

I only have one silver medal of the order, on the ribbon of the order of the crown :S

How much do those knights fetch???

I only have one silver medal of the order, on the ribbon of the order of the crown :S

How much do those knights fetch???

what shall I say? depends when you are lucky or not, but normaly you'll have to pay between 150 and 200 euro, I guess. It also depends in what condition they are or what period.

Those ribbons are relatively easy to find in Belgium.

can you post a picture of the medal only?

Thank you for your answer,

I will have to scan it, however not a change this week... As I have tentams in "Colloid Sciences" and "Analytical Methods" awaiting for me :S

Maybe could you help me with the ribbon? Most preferably a nice cotton one. As I hate the "plastic sh*t"

Kind regards,

Jacky

Here the picture of the belgian silver medal of the royal order of the afrikan lion.........

What a mouth full...

sadly on the wrong ribbon, but with a nice box....

Kind regards,

Jacky

Tow early types of the Royal Order of The Lion

dscf0210.jpgdscf0211.jpg

dscf0212.jpg

dscf0213.jpg

dscf0214.jpg

dscf0215.jpg

dscf0216.jpg

dsc_2719.jpgdsc_2720.jpg

dsc_2724.jpgdsc_2721.jpg

Both crosses

dsc_2723.jpg

dsc_2722.jpg

Edited by g_deploige

Very nice, but what a strange ribbon.

18 hours ago, Kvart said:

Very nice, but what a strange ribbon.

The first one is an old ribbon of the begin periode of the order created in 1891