News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi Vic,

Here's another site I check out on occassion and have for years. They have interesting articles and tons of great pics. And also a sale section, etc.

http://militaria.gunboards.com/

You'll see down towards the bottom they have the DDR section, DDR Trader and DDR Discussion Forum.

There's also quite a bit of material available on-line. On Ebay there are reference discs that come up from a dealer down in Florida that I've heard are quite good. Basically he's scanned quite a number of DDR references onto the discs so it's like getting a ton of refs for around $12 plus shipping if I remember correctly. Might be just under $20... can't remember for sure right now but you'll know it when you find it. He's on the above forum and puts his stuff up in the sales section. And when you consider that alot of DDR refs run in the $40 and up range this is cheap to get a ton in one fell swoop complete with all pics, etc. just as in the book itself.

Just do me a favor... leave a few treasures for me! :P:cheeky:

Dan :cheers:

Dan,

That would me selling the East German Military Reference CD's. On going 5 year project.

More info can be found here: Reference CD's

Thank you, Kirk

Dan,

That would me selling the East German Military Reference CD's. On going 5 year project.

More info can be found here: Reference CD's

Thank you, Kirk

Hi Kirk,

Welcome to the club! :beer: I love your site and all the goodies you carry. One of these days I need to get with you re: some ribbon bars. You actually ended up with one I was aiming to get off Ebay a while back. Was a fairly big one too... I'd actually outbid you on it but there was a glitch somewhere along the way internet wise and by the time Ebay got it it was too late. :( Really wanted that one too as at the time I didn't have any. Even now I only have a few smaller bars so I'm still hoping for more. Just wish they weren't quote so pricey. I think the one I'd wanted that you got went for something around $14 or thereabouts. I'm still kicking myself over that one.

I'm also planning to get some of your reference CD's. Just gotta build up the old war chest again before I can jump back on the band wagon.

Again so glad you've decided to join us. I'm sure you'll have some fascinating contributions re: the area of DDR militaria and I hope you enjoy the rest of the forums as well. :beer:

Hi Kirk,

Welcome to the club! :beer: I love your site and all the goodies you carry. One of these days I need to get with you re: some ribbon bars. You actually ended up with one I was aiming to get off Ebay a while back. Was a fairly big one too... I'd actually outbid you on it but there was a glitch somewhere along the way internet wise and by the time Ebay got it it was too late. :( Really wanted that one too as at the time I didn't have any. Even now I only have a few smaller bars so I'm still hoping for more. Just wish they weren't quote so pricey. I think the one I'd wanted that you got went for something around $14 or thereabouts. I'm still kicking myself over that one.

I'm also planning to get some of your reference CD's. Just gotta build up the old war chest again before I can jump back on the band wagon.

Again so glad you've decided to join us. I'm sure you'll have some fascinating contributions re: the area of DDR militaria and I hope you enjoy the rest of the forums as well. :beer:

Dan,

Yep still some great deals to be found on ebay.

This forum looks like a good one. You can tell collecting DDR items is more popular than 5 years ago, just look at all the forums. Some much better than others. :beer:

Cheers, Kirk

Back to the subject of Bester Badges. Here are a couple I don't have, wish I do tho. Can be found on ebay.de at times.

Hi Kirk,

"Very" nice!!!! :jumping: I generally love the BG stuff a bit more, especially since my favorite color is green but that red is very vibrant... looks great! Hope you're able to find some. Wouldn't mind a set myself down the road.

Plenty of treasures still to be found... just gotta stay on the hunt. But that's part of the fun! :beer:

Hi Kirk

Welcome to the forum :beer:

When do them bester badges date from , the dont look as pretty as the one I posted :unsure:

Order of Victory

Hi Vic,

I believe the Besters were authorized in 80 and issued from 81 on if I'm reading my brown book correctly. The design was changed to the type you and I have in 86 till the end of the DDR. Hope I've got this right but I'm sure Kirk can confirm.

You've "got" to get a copy of the brown book. I'll let you know when I spot another on Ebay. But I do believe Kirk's discs has that as well. :jumping: Well worth it! :beer:

Looks like I goofed on the dates on these. :unsure: Many apologies. :blush: My German is not fluent. How I wish someone would put out a translation of the DDR refs. I tried to translate the brown book since it's not that big but East German had so much influence from the Russian language under the Soviets that alot of it doesn't translate properly. ;) Not as easy as it seems.

But still a great reference. :beer:

Edited by Hauptman