News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

maybauer help

Typical Meybauer,there's nothing wrong with it.The date and the swaz are also typical for Meybauer.

Micha

Thanks Micha , the swaz in this Ek is piramidal , and close at some points with the rim?, and the date is because the 9 form??

im trying to find out

and thanks again

Seeing all of these reminded me that I have a 1939 Meybauer, had forgot all about it. Micha has some really nice ones. I have to agree with him on the pin on J Temple Wests' 1914, it is either a replacement, or a ultra rare variant that I've never seen before.

Not being a collector of Imperial, I can?t put a time frame on the hinge and pin but I have seen this type of setup on one other Meybauer EK of the same period. The pin was certainly made for the hinge as it fits perfectly into the notch, which would mean that if there was a replacement the entire hinge was replaced..There are no signs of this as far as I can see. I?ll post some pix of the hardware and see what you think.

Imo, The hinge and pin are original to the Cross.