News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

I can't tell you the exact pattern, but if it is a WWI shell, then it looks like a total postwar retrofit. Repainted, remarked, new liner and chinstrap. I did not see any manufacture marks on the shell, so I cannot say for sure. Perhaps it is a total postwar helmet. All I can say for sure is that it is not a helmet that would have been used in WWI as it is now.

Chip

I'm no language expert, but those markings look like Czech to me. Plzen is Pilsen in today's Czech Republic. So these are definitely postwar markings, which makes the paint job postwar. There is nothing WWI about this helmet that I can see, not even the liner.

Chip

Hello,

it is NOT an Austrian, it is a Czech helmet.

Greetings

isonzo

I posted it because I thought the markings were somewhat unusual and I don't doubt that you gents are correct. But I'm curious how the liner differs from the Austrian one as it's identical to those I found a few stahlhelm pages?