News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hullo again Gents,

Has anyone else seen this type of marking on the rear of Imperial medal bars??

Its like they used a rubber stamp to stamp the name of the Jeweller who assembled this type of parade mount.

I just love this type of Parade mount bar! the ribbon curled round at the bottom and providing a cushion for the medals to lie on...its just marvellous! And most of the bars have some sort of cotton wool mix underneath the ribbon around the ring holder to Puff up the ribbon around this area to make it look better.

Here is a pic of the rear for you to see the Stamping, however it is rather faint and cannot be read, unfortunately!

Cheers Gents!

Regards

Paul

Guest Rick Research

Not as classy as a sewn on label, that's for sure!

Here's one that is a glued on PAPER label--

I wonder how many of these have simply fallen off over the decades, or been picked off by "collectors" who thought the remnants looked ugly?

Guest Rick Research

That "Levi's jeans" rivet button is certainly a unique label!!! :food-smiley-004:

Here's a Godet cloth tag circa 1897-1900 (note DIFFERENT STREET ADDRESS THAN RICK'S ABOVE, also "1897-ish") or so,

[attachmentid=4092]

and just re-discovered this clear unobstructed metal Godet tag on my Baden MKFVO ribbon bar that the green enamel wreath fell off sad.gif before I found it.

[attachmentid=4089]

They used the same tiny metal "license plate" on ribbon bars and medal bars. I am not sure if some of the ribbon bars we see with this tag are actual WW1 wartime or pre-Hindenburg Cross 1920s, but note yet ANOTHER version Godet address.

According to "Court Jewelers of the World" (1978),

J. Godet & S?hne was at Friedrichstrass 167 (my cloth tag) until 1908, when they moved to

Charlottenstrasse 55 (Rick's tag on the four medal bar)

The metal tags only bear the postal district and not a street address, but "J. Godet & S?hne" (which they all bear) was last used in the mid-1920s.