News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Albanian badges

Can we see the back? Just out of curiosity!

Sorry, just stored the scanner (living very small while my new house is being fixed up - everything is in boxes).

Nothing special on the reverse though. Flat metal with a pin. No marks. It's a very small badge.

• Replies 85
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, just stored the scanner (living very small while my new house is being fixed up - everything is in boxes).

Nothing special on the reverse though. Flat metal with a pin. No marks. It's a very small badge.

the figure of the soldier in that position doesnt show to be albanian also the emblem isnt quite familiar. however everything is possible.

Called "Albania badge READY FOR WORK AND DEFENCE I class 50's" by the seller but have to check Eric's PDF bible :unsure:

the acronyms stand for BGPM " Behu Gati per Pune e Mbrojtje" the translation is correct

I knew Elvis would know this :D

I'll have to make some minor corrections to the badges section...but this is a GOOD thing because it means one more question has been answered.

This is precisely why I love this forum. This type of information would have been nigh impossible for me to get just a few years ago.

• 1 month later...

Bought this for the Albania connection... but what is it really?

Seller indicated: YUGOSLAVIA SIGN OF THE ALBANIAN COMM. VOLUME CARRIERS and The society of the medal carriers for the LOYALTY TO THE HOMELAND, /Albanian commemorative volume/ held the I congress in NIS on the 8.VII 1939 and on that occasion all the participants were given signs of the Albanian commemorative volume carriers.

On reverse there's a small mfg mark: "Driesback Tknaby Zagreb" or something like that

Bought this for the Albania connection... but what is it really?

Seller indicated: YUGOSLAVIA SIGN OF THE ALBANIAN COMM. VOLUME CARRIERS and The society of the medal carriers for the LOYALTY TO THE HOMELAND, /Albanian commemorative volume/ held the I congress in NIS on the 8.VII 1939 and on that occasion all the participants were given signs of the Albanian commemorative volume carriers.

On reverse there's a small mfg mark: "Driesback Tknaby Zagreb" or something like that

It is a badge of Association of carriers of the commemorative medal "Albanska spomenica" of Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

Thread does not belong here, it belongs to Kingdom of Yugoslavia.

• 1 month later...
    • 3 years later...

This is a small collection of badges I recently bought, some of them I recognize on this thread already. I tried to translate the words on each so that is all I know about them. From left to right top to bottom:

1. Monument of Mother Albania badge

2. Badge for Distinguished Students

3. Badge for Distinguished Employees

4. Albanian Democratic Front (FDSH) Distinguished Activist Badge

5. Skenderbeu Badge

6. Albanian Flag pin

7. Red Star cap badge

Most of the pins are made of very thin, cheaper looking metal. The last one is my 15th Anniversary of the People's Army badge with the Pobeda Factory, Moscow, Russia screwback. It is nicer quality with enamels.

Jeff

• 2 weeks later...
    • 6 months later...

Let's by default make this thread into the "badge" thread then. Will inevitably contain mainly undocumented items.

5 badges (right to left):

- Distinguished Artist Badge

- Distinguished Military Cadet Badge

- Distinguished Soldier Badge

- unknown

- 40th Liberation Anniversary Badge

Apart from the first one, generally not "high quality" (i.e. a cheapish flimsy feel / weight) although the design isn't half bad.

the "unknown" is a badge for the workers on the light industry (MIL stands for ministria e industrise se lehte - ministry of light industry

• 4 weeks later...
    • 3 weeks later...

Beautiful badges Belaruski.

They are for the remembrance of the same event, Congress of Permeti, 24.05.1944. The silk cocarde is of 1964 (20 aniversary) and the aluminium badge is for the 40 anniversary, in 1984. The delegate has put them together just to not lose.

I post here a photo of 1969, with the cocarde of 25 years of Congress of Permeti.

Regards,

Artan

Përmeti Congress: An antifascist national liberation congress held on May 24, 1944, in Përmeti (Përmet), Albania. The congress laid the basis for popular democratic rule and elected the Antifascist National Liberation Council of Albania, the supreme legislative and executive body of Albania. It also formed the Antifascist National Liberation Committee of Albania, which was vested with the functions of a provisional government.

• 1 month later...
    • 1 month later...

My ever growing collection of Albanian 'tinnies'. Some nice ones here even the lower quaility badges. The 9th congress of the Party of Labour (top left) is particularly nice! Also note the badge celebrating 100 years of the birth of Stalin.

• 8 months later...

http://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2013/post-679-0-42845800-1374612132.jpghttp://gmic.co.uk/uploads/monthly_07_2013/post-679-0-19150900-1374612318.jpg

20 years of the Republic pin - small but nice, and interesting to see the hammer / sickle