News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

DDR Polizei patch

• 1 month later...

Betriebsschutz is for the works security or works police...in industry...you know, the guys at the factory gate, etc. ... hope this explains? Cheers, Torsten.

Hi Torsten,

Many thanks for the heads up on this one. Very cool! :cool:

Thanks! :cheers:

Dan

So what is this cuff title for?

not 100% sure about this, but I think that the arm patches are for uniformed works police (subordinate to the MdI) and I think the cufftitle would have been worn more by civilian works security guards...although, I do not recall seeng the cufftitles being worn by anyone at the time?? Cheers, Torsten.

Gents,

The Betreibswacht are factory guards. The Betriebshutz are the guys you will find guarding the gates. They came under the VOPO and could carry side arms in certain situations. The blue shield was worn by the TRAPO. Don't know that I have ever seen a brown one before.

Cheers,

Gordon

not 100% sure about this, but I think that the arm patches are for uniformed works police (subordinate to the MdI) and I think the cufftitle would have been worn more by civilian works security guards...although, I do not recall seeng the cufftitles being worn by anyone at the time?? Cheers, Torsten.

Thanks for the info Gordon, :beer:

The blue shield was worn by the TRAPO. Don't know that I have ever seen a brown one before.

Cheers,

I actually trotted out the badge instead of trying to rely on my memory and the computer screen, and it's a dark green.

Is there a reason the Betreibswacht is the same green as the Grenztruppen armband?

Lawrence,

There is not link between the two organizations as far as I know so why they picked the dark green for the arm band is unknown to me. If the arm badge I thought was blue is actually green then it fopr the VOPO.

Regards,

Gordon

Thanks for the info Gordon, :beer:

I actually trotted out the badge instead of trying to rely on my memory and the computer screen, and it's a dark green.

Is there a reason the Betreibswacht is the same green as the Grenztruppen armband?