News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Collar Litzen and Shoulderboard Devices

I'm in the process of moving, and my collection is primarly located in several plastic tubs. I check periodically to make sure the moths don't use my cloth for a buffet, and thought I would take some pictures of a few of my tunics. I hope this starts a great thread on litzen (thats your opening Chip!).

Regards

Dave

First are some infantry officer M-1910 waffenrocks. Once you decipher which units are shown here, your quiz is to figure out what is the common denominator to the grouping, aside from the fact that they have litzen and cyphers (hint: one tunic doesn't really belong in the grouping). Good luck!

IPB Image

Dave,

They are all M10's except for your weird Infanterie Leib Regiment example. Lord knows what it is. :unsure: Of course, the other thing that they have in common is that they are all yours! :rock on:

Chip

Dave,

It should be a thread on cyphered shoulder boards, given your photo. You hid all of the Litzen. What happened to that project where we were comparing various collar Litzen? I thought you were going to post your stuff and the things that I sent you? I'm sure there would be overwhelming interest in it! :lol:

Chip

Christophe

You were much closer to what I had in mind for the "quiz", but that darn Chip created a second correct answer! I was hinting that except for Fus. Reg. Nr. 80, all the waffenrocks shown were the elite infantry unit for Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Wurttemberg, Baden and Hesse. Granted, Prussia might be a stretch with KAGGR Nr. 1 vs. 1st Guard Regiment of Foot.

Chip

I still have your litzen pics and hopefully we can run amok with this thread. I am going to post the tunics so this isn't the cyphered board thread!

Dave

Here are some pics of the collar/cuff litzen and cyphers from above.

Kaiser Alexander Garde Grenadier Regt. Nr. 1 (This is actually a M-1910 simplified tunic)

IPB Image

Edited by dwmosher

Here is another installment of "I love litzen". This is a M-1910 waffenrock for a major of the Prussian First Guard Regiment of Foot that I traded away(including the bar) several years ago. What is really interesting to me is the fact that all of the litzen was made in silver bullion thread and was directly applied to the cuff!!

IPB Image

Close up of the collar litzen

IPB Image

Close up of cuff litzen

IPB Image

Chip:

I would presume that the boards started out on D.R. Nr. 25 tunic, but these were on this tunic when I got it, so until I find a set of red-piped M-1910 boards or a set of muted white-piped M-1915 boards they will suffice.

Dave

Dave,

Don't get me wrong. I wasn't implying that those boards should not be on your tunic. If that was what I had, I would use them too. I'll keep a lookout for a correct pair. No, I was just curious about what pattern they were.

Chip

A few more tunics with litzen from the archives. Here is a friend's M-1910 flieger Waffenrock...

IPB Image

and a couple of flieger tunics that used to be mine. Heres a M-1915 flieger Friedensuniform...

IPB Image

and a M-1915 flieger Bluse.

IPB Image

Chip:

You have insulted me, my ancestors and my future generations by not implying the boards on the 119th shouldn't be there. Seriously though, any comments or discussions about these items is much appreciated.

Dave

Here are a couple of rare tunics with litzen. A friend collects imperial machine gun items and here is his other ranks issued M-1901 (left) and M-1910 (right) waffenrocks for Garde-Maschinengewehr-Abtellung Nr. 1.

IPB Image

Dave,

Yes, what are the parameters here? I have lots of Litzen :) , but none of them are on uniforms :( .

I absolutely love that 4.Garde Grenadier officer. That is the only field gray tunic that I still want, that is, an officer's tunic with collar and cuff Litzen. I can't even imagine what one would cost.

Chip

Dan and Chip:

I only have a couple more pictures of tunics with litzen so ANY litzen on this thread would be appreciated!! (I can think of an enlisted flieger dunkelblau off hand...)

Well, here is another M-1910 waffenrock for Grossherzogl. Artilleriekorps, 1. Grossherzogl. Hessisches Feldartillerie-Regt. Nr. 25. The collar tabs would also be used by the 2. Garde-Feldartillerie-Regt.

IPB Image

IPB Image