News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Fieldmarshal of Hungary in WW2

Hello Gentlemen

Does Hungary has a Fieldmarshal during the WW2?

Regards

Alexandre

Hi Alexandre,

Would assume so as they definitely had the rank. This is from "The Armed Forces of WWII" by Andrew Mollo. Illustrations by Malcolm McGregor and Pierre Turner.

This is the rank chart for the Army:

[attachmentid=52273]

And just the Field Marshal rank:

[attachmentid=52274]

Again if any objections to these being posted I'll be happy to remove it. :beer:

Hope this helps. Perhaps one of the other members can confirm if there were indeed Hungarian FM's during the war and if so how many and perhaps who they were.

Dan :cheers:

No Hungarian was promoted Field Marshal during the war, though Erzherzog Joseph (1863-1954) wore the uniform of Hungarian Field Marshal during the war as his ww1 K.u.K. rank as a Feldmarschall was recognised in Hungary.

He did of course not serve in any military capacity but as you know a Field Marshal never retires.

Kind Regards

Steen Ammentorp

The Generals of World War II

No Hungarian was promoted Field Marshal during the war, though Erzherzog Joseph (1863-1954) wore the uniform of Hungarian Field Marshal during the war as his ww1 K.u.K. rank as a Feldmarschall was recognised in Hungary.

He did of course not serve in any military capacity but as you know a Field Marshal never retires.

Kind Regards

Steen Ammentorp

The Generals of World War II

Field Marshal Archduke Joseph lived from 1872 to 1962.

Field Marshal Archduke Eugen was the one from 1863 to 1954. I don't think he spent much time, if any, in Hungary after World War I.

Field Marshal Archduke Friedrich lived in Hungary after World War I, and died there in 1936.