News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1 piece EK2 opinion please

gregM

Here is a 1 piece EK2 that I just received and I would really some help with it. Any

and all opinions are welcome.----

The overall quality of this cross is very nice.The details are very sharp. It has the

look too me of the 1 piece EK1s that we attribute to the 1920s-30s. ( same style of

date and "W" however the crowns are close but slightly different.

[attachmentid=52470]

This was being sold as a cast brass cross. I do not think it is brass .--There is no yellow

showing. Plus I do not think it is cast. I think it is die struck.

This scan shows the side of 1 of the arms. It shows lines that I think are

shear marks from being struck. All of the arms have these marks.

[attachmentid=52472]

I did not think that one piece crosses were made... :unsure:

1 piece Imperial EK1s are not common but they do exsist. I think most are believed to

be 1920s or 30s replacement pieces. My guess is that this falls into that catagory.

I have been told that Gordon Williamson references a 1 piece EK2 in his book but I

do not know that for sure.

Edited by gregM

There are a lot of "one piece" Eks from 1914.....the most common is the "clamshell"(but don't forget there's also a three piece variation) or the one I've sold here yesterday.Or the one with the strange catch(similar to some spanish crosses/woundbadges...) The 2nd class at the top of this thread is a typical "Spangenst?ck"from the late 20ies/early 30ies...and not so easy to find(rare is something different,but not so common coud it describe better...)

Micha

Micha,

You are right. Yours matches the crown bead for bead and the dates

are an exact match.

Thanks so much for the information. I see your screwback is marked.

Who is the maker?

Thanks again,

Greg

Edited by gregM

Here is the reverse---

[attachmentid=52471]

Here is the reverse of my one-piece ww1 EK2 which is one from the mid to late 20's or early 30's and it is mounted with a Hindenburg Honour Cross with Swords. The reverse is very similar to mine so I will post the pic of the reverse first. I think yours looks fine and is from between wars period. My two clams worth,

Pat