News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello~

I have just come back from a collectors fair where I picked up this item from.

I like it and was assured it is original so I parted with ?35 for it. Can anybody give me any information on this item as I know nothing about it? As I say it took my fancy and bought it. The pin badge (top of medal) reads "DEUTSCHE KRIEGER BUND" and on the cross it reads "KRIEGER U. LANDW. VEREIN" and "JEETZE"

On the reverse of the pin badge it has maker "HEINR.TIMM-BERLIN-WALLSTR. 21/22"

Thanks for your help and once again what a great forum!

Rob

It's a veterans' association pin from the town of Jeetze, Saxony. The head in the cross looks like King Albert of Saxony, who died in 1902. Not a steal, but not a bad buy at 35 quid. They're hard to find with the dangly thingies.

reverse

Hallo EuRob :beer:

Its for a Prussian War Veterans Association, (similar to the British Legion of today) a members badge, not strictly a military item but I feel at 35 Pounds you paid over the top :( Its probably pre WW1 though, with a nice old style pin.

If you have the chance you should look at German ebay: http://listings.ebay.de/Deutsches-Reich_Or...ListingItemList the page even in German is easy to navigate, and with the Aid of:http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/ you can do a basic translate from German to English.

On German Ebay and you will find many similar pins and badges and some sell for far less, anyway, militaria is a learning curve and nearly all members here will tell you, that research and reference books are a must.

As stated by Tom Y the name refers to the location of the Association.

By the way Tom Y I think yours is showing the head of King Ludwig of Bayern, its very similar to a medal in my collection again for a Veterans Association.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Edited by Kev in Deva

Hallo EuRob :beer:

Its for a Prussian War Veterans Association, (similar to the British Legion of today) a members badge, not strictly a military item but I feel at 35 Pounds you paid over the top :( Its probably pre WW1 though, with a nice old style pin.

If you have the chance you should look at German ebay: http://listings.ebay.de/Deutsches-Reich_Or...ListingItemList the page even in German is easy to navigate, and with the Aid of:http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/ you can do a basic translate from German to English.

On German Ebay and you will find many similar pins and badges and some sell for far less, anyway, militaria is a learning curve and nearly all members here will tell you, that research and reference books are a must.

As stated by Tom Y the name refers to the location of the Association.

By the way Tom Y I think yours is showing the head of King Ludwig of Bayern, its very similar to a medal in my collection again for a Veterans Association.

Kevin in Deva. :beer:

Kevin

Could you recommend literature/website on German orders (any reich)?

I know of a couple of books and of course I use the net for info. I am learning all the time and I feel this forum is a great way to learn and has really helped me!

Regards Rob