News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Photo group of officers with names - what regiment ?

The names, as far as I can read them (and I write the ranks in complete, not abbreviations):

1. Adjudant Leutnant Heinrichs

2. Oberleutnant Kompanief?hrer M.G. (machine-gunners company) Giesecke ?????

3. Oberleutnant Kompanief?hrer 2. Kompanie ?????

4. Leutnant Gro? (3.) --probably 3rd company

5. Feldwebel-Leutnant ??? ichter ???

6. Major Ruchtl (was he the Battalions commander ?)

7. Zahlmeister

8. Hauptmann Schneider (1.)

9. Hauptmann Wirt (3.)

10. Leutnant Schie?l

11. Oberarzt Trautner

12. Leutnant Kpf. San Weinzierl (Kpf.San. ???) (4)

13. Leutnant Schaffner ???? (4)

14. Leutnant ???? (2)

Photo was made by the regimental photographer Artur Butze b.t.w.

My questions:

1. Can somebody re-read the names and help me on them ?

2. What Regiment was it exactly?

There is only the info "officers from I. Batl. / 14., so it was the regiment 14 - but what ?

Bavarian is likely, infantry ???

Thanks in advance

Robert

Robert,

I am terrible at reading the writing so someone else will have to respond to that question.

I'm going to make an educated guess here. Based on the very pale state cockade on their caps, and officer number 14 appears to have the Bavarian trim around his collar, I'm guessing that they are from Kgl. Bayer. 14. Infanterie-Regiment Hartmann. I have the 1914 ranklist and I don't see any officers by any of the names you've posted on the list in that regiment, but everything could have drastically changed by the time this photo was taken.

Robert,

I think that may be Major Friedrich Ruchti. The senior Hauptmann in 1914 in the 6. Infanterie-Regiment Kaiser Wilhelm, K?nig von Preu?en, he was attached to the Prussian Gewehr-Pr?fungs-Kommission. Promoted to Major on the 30.11.14.

Regards

Glenn

Robert,

Great photo. They are definitely from the Bavarian 14th Infantry Regiment. Judging from the few Bluses and Stahlhelms being worn, I would say it was taken late 1916 to 1917. I love the tree shaped "guard shack", you almost expect to see a gnome standing guard. Officer #2 would work, he looks a little gnomish :unsure:

Dan

Edited by Daniel Murphy

Interesting photo. On what have being said I agree. I think these soldiers are from the Bavarian Infanterie Regiment 14, 1st Bataljon. What is an interesting detail on which I am not sure already noticed is that behind the names are numbers 1 till 4. This must be the companynumbers because a bataljon normally consisted of 4 companys.