News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

SS Service Numbers

My on-line search of SS service numbers found no match to those found on a 1933 SS ground Rohm dagger I have (photos in the German Dagger Forum). The number on the dagger cross-guard is 12326, and on the scabbard is 12329. I believe the last number on one of the parts was inverted in error, but I don't know which one :( .

Does anyone out there in 'Research Land' have info on a person with either of these assigned service numbers?

Thanks!

Scott

Edited by hucks216

My on-line search of SS service numbers found no match to those found on a 1933 SS ground Rohm dagger I have (photos in the German Dagger Forum). The number on the dagger cross-guard is 12326, and on the scabbard is 12329. I believe the last number on one of the parts was inverted in error, but I don't know which one :( .

Does anyone out there in 'Research Land' have info on a person with either of these assigned service numbers?

Thanks!

Scott

Hallo Scott :beer: have you considered the idea, that there only being a couple of digits difference that the wrong blade was slipped into the wrong sheath after manufacture in the factory?? sounds plausable, early Monday morning - late Friday afternoon mentality :blush: and nobody caught the mistake? :P

Kevin in Deva :beer:

• 10 years later...

Hi Scott,

How small the world is , or getting to be!

I have just purchased your old German SS dagger, 1933 SS  # (12326 - 12329).

Would like to find out what you know about the dagger and it's history please?

Read that J Temple-West responded to your original post of 5th Sept 2006, though I am finding it hard to decipher. Could you assist, or could John send a better image?

Look forward to hearing anything you have to offer on the dagger and its history.

Kind regards,

Brett

Here is another image from the same source. The number of 12329 belongs to SS-Untersturmführer Fritz Michiels. The little emblems to the right of his name are for Totenkopfring, Reichsportsabzeichen & Lebensborn.

michiels 001.jpg

Edited by hucks216

I am not smart on all of this TRM stuff, but in my friends SS Tunic there is a number stamped by the collar of the tunic.  It is 9208 or 19208.  Would this be a a SS Man's Serial Number of sort or just a factory stamping?  I know it is not the SS BW stamping, because that there is there also on the Right side of the tunic.

Sorry i don't have photos at this time, but I just noticed it when I was helping him get ready for the MAX show.  There are no other tunics with this stamp in it.

Would you mind checking just to be sure? 

Thanks.

From what I can see in the 1937 DAL there isn't a complete listing of SS-Nr's from 1 to XXXXX and where the SS-Nr's run in order they aren't complete so are either missing or are in another sub-section of the listings as it seems that the listings is done by another serial number. Here is the 1937 DAL that you can download...

SS DAL 1937