News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Thank you for sharing with us all - - I too thought that it was only the military awards that were reissued in 1957.

I will look out for the Olympic awards.

Hi Dan,

Yes I think a lot of folk are unaware of the civil 57 awards.

Simplistically put, these were considered legitimate awards, i.e. perfectly normal innocent "non-politically motivated" people served as policemen, firemen, customs officers, the Labour Corps was a pre-Nazi concept, so in itself was "legit".

These are all "civil" awards. The ones which were not re-introduced in 1957 "neue Form" style were the "Political" awards, so while you have a 57 RAD award, you won't find a 57 NSDAP Long Service or a 57 SS Long Service.

Military Awards not reintroduced are few. Even the Anti-Partisan was allowed in 57 form but not the Spanish Cross ( seen as political) and the so called "Flowers Wars" medals, seen as foir Nazi agression and expansionism.

• 3 weeks later...

Military Awards not reintroduced are few. Even the Anti-Partisan was allowed in 57 form but not the Spanish Cross ( seen as political) and the so called "Flowers Wars" medals, seen as foir Nazi agression and expansionism.

The only way I'd be able to afford a gold APB any time this century... blush.gif