Avitas

Deutsche Volksgemeinschaft Westmark (Lothringen) member pin

Hi James,

Isn't this the same badge that you showed in post #9?

Cheers

Don

Yes Don you are right. My bad just caulk it up a senor moment I just didn’t check out the first page.

:banger:

A simple to spot fake of this one has just appeared on a website, the reverse is the same as the recently found Heims Ins Reich here: http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=16439&view=findpost&p=378186 so it looks like the same faker is banging them out...

Cheers

Don

I've been offered this badge, it doesn't match with other badges shown on the thread, as the Saarlauten mark is missing from the back. Unsure - although the same badge as appeared on German Militaria sites, without comment . I welcome opinions.

Regards

PS small amount of gum has been left on red swazy from tape

Personally I would be very reluctant to buy one of these without the full set of marks.

Redo are known to have continued making TR items after the end of the war so this could be one of those pieces.

Cheers

Don

Don, Thanks for the post. I was deeply sceptical from the start about this piece, due mainly to the missing place marking. Thought it prudent to pass it through the forum as it had a long-standing thread up and running.

Best Wishes

Alec