News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Everyone

I Have have been offered a good set to a u-boat man and it contains a Spanish cross in bronze citation and a KIA u-boat document can anyone advise me on a good price to pay for these two documents.I do Know that the KIA u-boat docs are much rarer than the normal ones.

Best Regards Richard.

Richard

A posthumous U-Boat Badge Document can easily fetch ?400 - ?500 on its own.

Docs for the Spanish Cross in Bronze are not all that rare, but a U-Boat one would fetch a premum price. |I would be thinking of a starting price of no less than around ?600-?700 for the pair. Many U-Boat men got the Spanienkreuz while serving on surface ships, only transferring to U-Boats later. Only a small number actually served in U-Boats during the civil war. If it is established that this guy got the Spanienkreuz actually on a U-Boat it would be very rare.

Hello Gordon

The set also has an early u-boat badge doc dated 1940 ,a EK2 doc dated 1940 and a 4year service medal doc dated 1939.I do not Know why the mans family were given the KIA doc but it is dated mid 1943 about 1 year after he died and 3 and a half years later than his first u-boat award.Maybe they just sent the wrong doc.

Best Regards Richard