News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A DCM, MM and 2 bar combination I cannot pin down !

iv been looking at the bar for a while and if its real it should be VERY easy to get an ID off it BUT i suspect its put together!! first off the 2 bars to the MM the DCM the MSM the Kings Police Medal the MID and the 2 foreign awards means there should only be a few if not 1 person who should have this combination of medals also as all these would have to have been Gazetted in the London Gazette means once you have a name you can check them all on there as they would have been announced there!also with the 1 on the African star it as a "1" usually means the person was in the 1st army in north Africa!the other thing is this person is going to have been in the army from at least 1935 (the IGS ribbon and medal was changed in 36) till at least 1962/4 as the ribbon with the MID on it was introduced then but yet theres no coronation or jubilee medals! not impossible but id be suspicious so once you an get the names of anyone who in ww2 won the dcm mm and or bar(the rosettes might have been added later) then it should be very simple to tick off the various ribbons on the bar! though to me i suspect it a put together bar as the people who did win the dcm mm and bars dont fit this bar!