News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1936 Model Black Wound Badge Stickpin

Avitas

Hello gents,

Just picked up this nice little Condor Legion wound badge stickpin in black. I am pretty sure it is the 1936 model as it is the old style helmet with the swaz, and it is made of iron, steel or tin I believe as it is highly magnetic and has some rust. The pin itself is a little bent offline where it connects to the badge, but I dare not try to bend it back as it would certainly break. I was just wondering if there was any way to tell for sure if it was used by Condor Legion or if it was maybe just one of the first ones given out as they switched to the newer model in 1940 I think. Any corrections on my info and opinions on this stickpin are very welcome.

Cheers,

Pat

Here is a scan of the reverse, with a good view of the rust which has sprouted a bit. I am not sure what type of ferrous material it is as there isn't much bare metal showing from under the black paint and the rust. It is a stamped hollow-back piece as well. Any help is great on the previously mentioned questions or any comments in general are awesome.

Thanks again,

Pat

Edited by Avitas