News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hello Chris.

The British "Handbook of the German Army in War. April 1918"

lists this gun as being used in considerable numbers in the German foot artillery.

It does not give units equipped with this gun but lists it as in commonest use together with 10, 15 and 24 cm (naval gun) but gives specifications .

Bernhard H. Holst

• 2 weeks later...

These old 13,5 cm were not used in Verdun btw.

I would not be so sure... you found a heavy M?rser or Artillery round a couple of years ago that was not supposed to be there either.

The Krupp 13.5 was being phased out, but was still being used till the end of the war... problem is... where? the the book of the Schwere feldarty it does not say.....

The model 1909 was used at Verdun, but designated as "13 cm Kanone 09". Its construction was far from obsolete; it was a modern gun with a long range. I thought there was an old 18whatever gun with the same caliber, you were talking about. The 13 cm 09 was used during the conmplete war and its only problem was its heavy weight. See my post here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11257&st=20#

Edited by JensF.

The model 1909 was used at Verdun, but designated as "13 cm Kanone 09". Its construction was far from obsolete; it was a modern gun with a long range. I thought there was an old 18whatever gun with the same caliber, you were talking about. The 13 cm 09 was used during the conmplete war and its only problem was its heavy weight. See my post here:

http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11257&st=20#

But when you look in the huge book on the WW1 Fussarty... very few units seem to have had it, inspite of it being used through the war. if I understand correctly, after its into, it was decided the calibre was not a good one and they stopped making it just after the outbreak of the war, although still using those they had.

Bes

Chris