News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Decorations of some Asiatic Countries

Alexandre

Hello Gentlemen,

Im looking for informations and pictures of these decorations:

Burma Grand Cross of the Order of Aga Mah Tiri Tudam

Cambodja Grand Cross of National Independence

Indonesia Order for Bravery

Indonesia Order of the Great Hero

Indonesia Order of the Grand Star of Republic of Indonesia 1st Class

Thailand Order of the Royal House of Charki

Thx in advance

Regards

Alexandre

• 5 years later...

Alexandre,

Its been a while, but do you mean the National Order of Independence ? There was a collar given, and there existed a grand cross in the regulations, but no known awarding of the grand cross is known.

Some more info here: www.indochinamedals.com/cambodia/cm02_national_order_of_independence.html

Perhaps our Indonesia resident member can get a photo of an actual example (if the one given to President Soeharto in April 1968 is in the museum there ?)

• 4 weeks later...

Alexandre,

Its been a while, but do you mean the National Order of Independence ? There was a collar given, and there existed a grand cross in the regulations, but no known awarding of the grand cross is known.

Some more info here: www.indochinamedals.com/cambodia/cm02_national_order_of_independence.html

Are you certain there were any regulations which indicated a Grand Cross and other classes?

I have not seen such a regulation myself. I have seen official booklets on the Royal Orders of the pre-Lon Nol period and only the collar is mentioned.

Cheers,

James

James,

I would be interested to see any official booklets you mention. I am aware of one booklet which had a picture of the collar - however, of this I have only a copy of the cover and not the booklet...

John Sylvester's "Orders and Medals of Cambodia and Laos" refers to the other classes. Neither John, Geoff, or any others I previously asked, report having seen the other classes. It may be that they were in the regulations, but never awarded or produced ?

However, I do have an example of a potentially "local made" medal which could be a lower class of this medal - it is very similar to the collar version but much cruder. But, I have only the pendant...

Rgds,

Dave

James,

I would be interested to see any official booklets you mention. I am aware of one booklet which had a picture of the collar - however, of this I have only a copy of the cover and not the booklet...

John Sylvester's "Orders and Medals of Cambodia and Laos" refers to the other classes. Neither John, Geoff, or any others I previously asked, report having seen the other classes. It may be that they were in the regulations, but never awarded or produced ?

However, I do have an example of a potentially "local made" medal which could be a lower class of this medal - it is very similar to the collar version but much cruder. But, I have only the pendant...

Rgds,

Dave

Dave,

I am aware of that reference but I have so far failed to find any actual regulations to back it up, so was wondering if you had actually seen the regulations yourself.

The cruder version, if a gilt breast badge worn from a medal red ribbon with three blue edge stripes, then that is the National Medal of Independence which was instituted in 1995. Thus not a lower class at all.

I cannot put my finger on the booklet references at the moment but they date from the period 1964-1968. The first version, if I remember correctly, was issued in celebration of the 10th anniversay of independence.

Cheers,

James