News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

My Iraqi Uniforms

greg.hays

This update represents two long years of trying to construct accurate representations of uniforms worn by Iraqi forces prior to and during the Gulf War era. I have done my best to keep each one as close to what I can remember from experience. This effort represents 90% of my collecting energy and funds so hopefully it looks good.

First one is of a regular Army Iraqi soldier during 2003. This is exactly what a soldier surrendering at Sadaam International Airport was wearing in April 2003. The uniform, gasmask carrier, helmet and compass were all recovered by yours truelly in barracks within 1/4 mile of the airport. Thus, in my opinion the most accurate in my collection so far.

Next up is a Republican Guard Officer. I believe this is an Artillery Officer but I can not be sure yet. He is wearing the correct Officers Pistol belt, a Baathist Party Service Badge denoting participation in the first Gulf War. That is what Iraqi interpreters identified it as at least......still have to find some way to confirm that. This configuration represents everyday or garrison wear of the uniform.

Ok, now full gear with mask. Now of course they did not have to wear this during the War because there was no use of chemical weapons, also who knows if the Lanyard would have been worn....I can only guess not. But I wasn't taking it off and risking damage as it is torn :unsure:

Hi Greg,

Outstanding collection! :beer: I've got to say I'm not generally much on Middle Eastern militaria but these are indeed quite nice. I too love that camo one, especially with the light colored helmet. Nice pairing there! :love::love::jumping::jumping:

One can really see this has been a labor of love for you and I hope the collection continues to grow.

Thanks for sharing! :cheers:

Dan