News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

1914 EK2 opinions

Hmmm.

The 800 and the other illegible stamp are quite unlike anything I have ever seen on a 1914 cross.

If it were a Knight's Cross, then I would probably just ignore it (because I don't know enough about them, don't have the patience to discuss them and I think they are vastly overrated), but it doesn't look right here, somehow.

Did this cross just happen to have these marks or were they a selling point?

/David

Closer look reveals a moon and crown.

Hmm,very unusual.Its definitely a standard KO made EK2 but I have never seen one with the silver marks(crown and moon) before or one with an 800 mark in that position.

Nice cross though!! :food-smiley-004:

Maybe Gordon has seen one before?

Dave

Crowns. Top = obverse. What I thought was damage or a dye flaw on the reverse crown seems only to be a gob of black paint. Perhaps, after all, this is a good KO - with some unusual silver stampings?

(Finish: I suspect it was polished by the previous owner. There is not a hint of tarnish.)

Edited by Ralph A