News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 54
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rick Research

That last one, from von Bake's KS 22 of KG 4, is rather creepy-- makes you wonder who took a photo of HIS final crash, eh?

That's him on the right in the trio with camera. Rather odd to see cloth leggings on a cavalry uniform in 1915!!! Notice (for us medals guys) that the man at left in that shot is wearing one-piece double woven ribbon bar sized ribbon from his buttonhole-- the EARLIEST I have ever seen this-- since M1915 ribbon bars were only just coming into fashion!!!

That's the Moon Base I mentioned. No, those are NOT shell craters-- they are PERFECTLY round and perfectly flat on top. All neatly mowed grass too. Cannot tell what the Sinister Wuzzit is, which is rising out of one at lower right. Moon goons, probably. Notice the "crop circles" as well.

• 3 years later...

Hey Stogie ... could the officer, second from the right in the line be Oswald Boelcke wearing his PLM?

One very interesting photo is from his funeral. The first fellow in line....... almost positive this is a young Werner Voss, before his Pilot Badge and before his transfer from KG4 to Jasta 2 and pure fighters!

vonbakegroup22.jpg

Mates,

Since the link to://www.imperialorders.com/vonBake/vonbakegroup22.jpg is not longer active and is up for sale. Any chance to get a look at the pictures that were formerly listed. I am interested in the one that proposes to be a young Werner Voss, before his pilots badge....

Thanks for any assistance.

tcrean7828

Another crash photo:

vonbakegroup35.jpg

Mate,

Since the link to://www.imperialorders.com/vonBake/vonbakegroup22.jpg is not longer active and is up for sale. Any chance to get a look at the pictures that were formerly listed. I am interested in the one that proposes to be a young Werner Voss, before his pilots badge....

Thanks for any assistance.

tcrean7828

Guest Rick Research

Rick is currently computerless and I believe those photos are long gone to the current (or then---> 3+ years ago) owner. It was most definitely Voss in the group though.