News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hungarian People's Republic Awards

The most rare aspect of the lot is the Munkas-Paraszt Hatalomert Emlekerem. It has the carrying document with it! Because Lajos stayed faithful to the Soviet cause in 1956 his oldest child was given a free ride to the University of their choice - even if the childs scores in school would normaly not warrant such admission. Also there was so much more - it became a medal that opened up so many doors to the Party. Even for a low NCO.

• Replies 461
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really cool stuff Hunyadi!

What else did a person get with the Restoration medal?

Is it possible to obtian photos of these in wear at all?

I got this yesterday off ebay. Any idea what it might be at all?

Thanks-

Really cool stuff Hunyadi!

What else did a person get with the Restoration medal?

Is it possible to obtian photos of these in wear at all?

I got this yesterday off ebay. Any idea what it might be at all?

Thanks-

Hi Ulster,

Now I really like that one... got that green enamel thing going and green is my favorite color! :love::love::jumping::jumping: And cased to boot! Love cases too!!!!

Great find no matter what it turns out to be. :beer:

Dan :cheers:

Edited by Hauptman

The most rare aspect of the lot is the Munkas-Paraszt Hatalomert Emlekerem. It has the carrying document with it! Because Lajos stayed faithful to the Soviet cause in 1956 his oldest child was given a free ride to the University of their choice - even if the childs scores in school would normaly not warrant such admission. Also there was so much more - it became a medal that opened up so many doors to the Party. Even for a low NCO.

Hi Charles,

Another beauty! :love: I'm also getting hooked on this one being one of favorites! :jumping::jumping:

:jumping: WOW!!! :jumping: I have yet to add any hungarian ODMs to my collection. I will have to consider them at some point in the future. All are VERY nice, indeed!!!

:beer: Doc

Ahhh yes... another candidate for yet another slippery slope! :P Welcome aboard Doc! :beer:

Hi Guys -

Ulster - in the proclimation, the medal specificly stated that your oldest got to got to a university, Regiment March 2006 page 59. (practicing for the quotes...) But it also helped to speed along getting a telephone (tapped of course), use of the vacation resorts, moving up the list on military family housing, getting that LADA you always dreamed about, getting your status moved up in the Party etc...When worn on the medal bar it is always the highest above all other awards. The only photo that I know of is in the book i sent on page 188 - its just beneath the lapel. there are others in a book that I saw once on a propoganda book that was somethign like 'Life of the Socialsit Hungary'. Didnt have the money in my pocket at the time and went back the next week and it was gone. :(

The badge you got there on Ebay is a "Excellent Innovation" badge for the building trade. (in the article the center coat of arms would be on the early 1949-50 workers badge - one of about 13 trade coats of arms) This is one more of those 300+ variations, but this is clearly for a person who invented something new for the building industry. New way of pouring concrete for workers housing?? The case is the late 1970's style and the enamel work from the photo looks to be from about the same era. Have not seen one of them here yet. Its interesting how the odd and more rare variants of the workers badges are all on ebay and not at the flea markets of the dealer shops here???

Doc- yes - welcome to the darker side of Hungary...you cant leave...

Hauptman -

here are Kiss Lajos's ribbon bars - they are not all correct!

Top one - Resoration, Bronze Merit Medal for Serivce to the Nation, 25 year, 10 year, 20 year, Meritorious Service Medal (oops!)

Second - Restoration, 20 year, 15 year, 10 year (correct pattern)

Third - Restoration, Bronze Merit Medal for Serivce to the Nation, 20 year, 15 year, 10 year. (correct pattern)

Edited by hunyadi

Doc- yes - welcome to the darker side of Hungary...you cant leave...

Hauptman -

here are Kiss Lajos's ribbon bars - they are not all correct!

Top one - Resoration, Bronze Merit Medal for Serivce to the Nation, 25 year, 10 year, 20 year, Meritorious Service Medal (oops!)

Second - Restoration, 20 year, 15 year, 10 year (correct pattern)

Third - Restoration, Bronze Merit Medal for Serivce to the Nation, 20 year, 15 year, 10 year. (correct pattern)

Very nice ribbon bars! Would love to get some like those as well as some of the cloth variety with devices if they ever pop up at a good price. :jumping::jumping:

And Doc... Charles kind of said what I was tempted to say... "Welcome to the Dark Side." And no... you can't leave. It's kinda like being in the mob. Once you're in... you're in for life. :P:cheeky::lol::beer:

You think this is bad, Dan, try Mongolian . . . :speechless1::unsure::jumping:

Hi Ed,

Believe you me, I'm still willing... but either my budget has to get bigger or prices have to get lower. :( I'm considering entering the lotto with the Mongolian Polar Star but I would fall down on the spot if lightning were to strike twice! :cheeky::lol:

But hopefully one way or the other I'll be able to join in on the fun at some point. And the ones I actually like the best are the Order of Combat Valor and the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

Ok - a few things coming out of the "box" - a sport medal for the National Sport Competion in 1954. This is for handball - I cant decipher the designations - Hauptman - is your MHS medal 32mm in diameter?? I wonder if the case is similar construction? But it looks like this one is larger. Case is 100mm (L) x 80mm (W) x 25mm (H).

Edited by hunyadi

Hi Charles,

Very nice pieces, one and all. And I do love that blue case! :love::love::jumping::jumping:

On the measurement on my medal... I'll have to do that in a bit. Been one of those mornings so far... really hopping. Do you need measurements on the case too? Let me know and I'll be happy to provide.

Also can it be in English measurements? I "may" have a metric rule but not sure. :unsure:

Thanks, :cheers:

Dan

Sorry about that Doc never try posting and answereing the phone at the same time :speechless:

The frst one is Airforce-Medal for 800 hours safe flying :jumping:

The second one, I have no idea :unsure:

I posted htese to a while a go on theis thread http://gmic.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=9041...view=getnewpost but the jury was out on the second one :(

Order of Victory