News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Polish military service passbook from 1953

Hi all:

Today I got a great little Polish group in the mail. I got a 1939 War Medal with the award document from 1983 to Stefan Jasin'ski. With it also came a military service passbook from 1953 that I would like to share. Unfortunately, it appears to be missing pages 3 and 4, but at least the gentleman's photgraph is there, as well as what I take to be his service record in section IV (see below).

While I can muddle my way through Russian, Bulgarian and Albanian, Polish is not in my repertoire sadly. I can probably figure out much of the printed Polish, however, I would love to know what some of the handwritten portions say (especially that in section IV, pages 7 and 8). If anyone who knows Polish is feeling kind to help me, I would be most appreciative. I would like to make sure this gentleman's record is preserved in some fashion.

Here's the cover...

Last but not least, here's page 8 with the rest of section IV.

If anyone is interested in seeing the award document, let me know and I'll post it.

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Sadly I can't help with the Polish... but I'd certainly love to see the award document as I'm sure would the rest of the membership. Great doc... a shame about the missing pages. Perhaps they were deliberately removed to keep something from being disclosed about this individual?

Dan :cheers:

Hi Dan:

Thanks for the comments. I'll post the rest of this group hopefully tonight. Interestingly, the medal is on the wrong ribbon (it's on the one for the 40th anniversary of the PRL), but still a very neat group and I am really happy I got it, esp. with that passbook, which puts some context to this gentleman's service in the War (as soon as I can get it translated :blush: ).

Cheers,

Eric

As promised, here's the award document and medal. The document is in the normal Polish hard red booklet and is dated 27 July 1983 (if I got my Polish months correct) - the medal was established in 1981.

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Eric,

Many thanks for posting them. :beer: Great looking set. :love: Of the few Polish awards I have none have documentation. So hoping someday to be able to go that route with any new awards I pick up down the road. :jumping::jumping:

Dan :cheers: