News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know if there are any decent models, preferably in a fairly good size... say around six inches to a foot long range, of either the A7V or the tanks used by the allies?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan,

I've built the Tauro model that David mentions--it's an excellent kit, about 10 inches long, with a complete interior also. Great detail for the era in which the model was introduced (early 1990s), so I highly recommend it. I purchased it from Squadron Mail Order (squadron.com) in Texas.

Gaffken

• Replies 52
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dan,

An Italian company called Tauro Model offers a 1/35 scale kit of the A7V and Emhar does some of the British tanks in the same scale. Emhar also offers a kit of the A7V in 1/72. I have an unmade 1/72 scale resin model of the A7V sold by a company called Fine Scale Factory. The H?ndler/Traders-Info link on their site at http://www.finescalefactory.de includes an address for a dealer in the USA.

I have seen scratch-built models made of wood and metal of various WW1 tanks in 1/16 scale at a local exhibition. They were very impressive and would probably not be difficult to make with a decent set of drawings.

David

Hi David,

Many thanks for this info. :beer: I'll try to locate one of these as I've wanted an example (if not several... I'm being inspired by all these photos of the various named examples) of these for ages!

Dan :cheers:

Dan,

I've built the Tauro model that David mentions--it's an excellent kit, about 10 inches long, with a complete interior also. Great detail for the era in which the model was introduced (early 1990s), so I highly recommend it. I purchased it from Squadron Mail Order (squadron.com) in Texas.

Gaffken

Hi Gaffken,

Many thanks for the additional info. :beer: I'll definitely have to get at least one of these.

Thanks so much! :cheers:

Dan