News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 354
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest nelson

hey ralph, no expert on badges, but the commando badge is just that, not SAS, the third one on the page looks very similar to a territorial unit, i was familiar with in the 1980's "the mercian Volunteers" who were later re-badged as The Cheshire Regiment. may not be they definately had the romanoff eagle thing going. i believe that all religious "ministers" are referred to as Chaplain in the British Army, difficult in civvies to work out if they, vicar, father, minister et al

lovely collection by the way, cheers for showing

cheers

Ralph,

A great set of badges but I can't tell good from bad and a brilliant belt. What I can tell you is the following:

Post 27 is the Royal Norfolk Regt. between 1937 and 1958.

Post 10: I think officers badges were bronze but I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong.

Post 13: SAS usually have wings and the "who dares wins" motto, your one is a No. 2 Commando officer's cap badge. They were a war raised unit (WWII).

The Machine Gun Corp didn't have the title Royal.

Tony

Post 48 might have something to do with the Lanarkshire Yeomanry. Their WWI badge was a 2 headed bird standing on a wreath with the King's crown between their heads.

The Jocks need the skis because they get a bit of snow in winter tongue.gif

Actually I think the X or skis are what's called a saltire but I don't know the reason for it.

Tony

the X or skis are what's called a saltire but I don't know the reason for it

Why, naturally that's Saint Andrew, with his X-shaped cross. He was crucified on it at Patras in Archaia. His feast day is Nov. 30th. One of the original Apostles, he's the Patron Saint of Greece as well as Scotland. smile.gif

Welsh Guards:

Edited by Ralph A