News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

After some hard negotiations I finally got 9 albums with 1304 photos of a member of the Hitlerjugend.

Before I post some photos here, I would like to tell a bit of the story.

The albums come from another collector. He has got them from the family of Achim von Tippelskirch.

Now Achim von Tippelskirch was the nephew of Kurt von Tippelskirch. General and Oak-Leaf Owner.

His father ( the brother of Kurt v.T.) was an airforce general.

I would like to find out a bit more about the Tippelskirch family.

Some more information about the airforce general.

Kurt von Tippelskirch survived the war and wrote a book about the 2nd WW in the 50ties.

But I have not much information about his brother and the rest of the family.

These 9 albums have some outstanding photos. They start about 1934 with early HJ pictures. The majority of the photos is between 1936 and 1938. Many HJ-camps, travels in germany and italy. Normal duty and so on. They end in 1941, when Achim v.T. was a Leutnant in the artillery branch and was in russia.

1.) Young Achim v.T. sitting on the shoulders of a younger comrad.

IPB Image

2.) Some early HJ-Leaders

IPB Image

3.) Leader of a HJ-school, name was HALLER

IPB Image

Continued ....

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7.) Another HJ-Leader on the left, ID possible ???

IPB Image

8.) And yet another photo of the leader in photo 7. Note that he is a winner of the blood-order !

The SA-Sturmbannf?hrer in the middle has the blood-order too. I will come back to this guy later.

IPB Image

9.) And yet another photo of this "swearing the oath" ceremony

IPB Image

Hallo Robert :beer:

Some great pictures, thanks for posting, easy to see how the youth of Germany was duped into following the flag with all its Propaganda, I wonder how many of these youngsters died following the flag, I would imagine only a small percentage of them survived the war. :(

Kevin in Deva :beer:

45.) In poland with his father, the description in the album tells us, that this was his father's airplane and he took the opportunity to take a flight over Warszaw. It is a french Caudron 440.

IPB Image

47.) His father again, together with a hungarian officer

IPB Image

48.) Last photo shows Achim as a Leutnant

IPB Image

Now You have seen 48 photos out of 1304.

Maybe You can imagine the quality of this lot.

Personally I think it is the best photographic material that I have ever seen from the HJ.

At least it is for me.

Maybe somebody can help me out with some more infos about this family.

Kind regards

Robert

[attachmentid=56297][attachmentid=56298]

Fantastic photos. I noticed the cap badge in photo 25. I have what I always assumed to be an HJ knife diamond but perhaps it is a cap badge?

Hallo BURGHAUS :beer:

with regards the cap badge on picture 25 do you think he is wearing the same badge as well on the left breast pocket of the jacket?? in the same picture :unsure:

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Good observation Kevin. They could be both pinback versions or one pinback and one cap device. The only way to know I guess is if there is a collector out there who is holding an original cap with badge attached. I also now realize and appreciate more my well-used HJ knife. Everybody always seems to prefer the minty examples but see how they were used. That will put some wear on them. Robert :cool:

Robert, fantastic photos, my thanks for showing them. The knife tossing photo is a stand out along with the bicycle touring photos.

Thanks again, --dj--Joe

Burgerhaus, it is my understanding that the cap badges came in pin back as you show and also the "safety pin" attachment style.

Kevin in Deva, the "safety pin" attachment style membership badge is probably what we see worn on the chest.

--dj--Joe

• 2 weeks later...

Great grouping of photos - last year I bought my first "supposed" HJ winter tunic. Has the red chords for a combat unit, loops for a flak badge, volkstrumm arm band and the residue for a patch in about the same location as the one in the photo. Several people looked at it and said it was original. I wish I had a photo of it but alas its in storage.... :angry: Anyhow - see the borrowed photo below to see what I am talking about.