News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 76
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of them is Fiehler (center). The wear their special 9th Nov. uniforms. I remembering Bob Hritz has one of these in his collection of Herman Fobke.

Free guess; I think the SA Gruppenf?hrer is Hermann Sch?fer

These pictures seems to have everything; high leaders, blutorden, coburg ehrenzeichen, Golden Partei abzeichen. What a great set!

Sorry I pushed the wrong button.I got rather a tart note saying perhaps I should read the directions. Someone said they would be happy to pay for a CD of these fotos. I would like to sign up.These pictures are just too valuble to history buffs to be stored away. Mr Noss is to thanked for his time and effort to bring these beautiful pictures to us. Please continue to do so. I have an elderly lady friend who was in the BDM.She has no computer and I brought her over some days ago to see my vast collection(25000+ images) of the Hitlerjahren..uniforms,insignia,fotos and 1600+ tracks of German Military Music. She was thrilled and recognized,of course,the uniforms,but also many palces and people. I was afraid of her emotional response at her age. She understood,as I do, that she had been seduced by clever leaders and lied to. We can see that now. These fotos show that process clearly. Please, post them all.Make a CD for future historians. I have suggested that all collectors of German militaria should send their images to one site so we could make CDs of the existing unifoms and insignia to preserve the information.

I see that no one has answered your call for information on Generalleutnant Ulrich v. Tippelskirch (1883-1967). He was originally a Navy officer, in Turkey during parts of WW1, retired in 1919 as a char. Korvettenkapitän. Recalled for the new Luftwaffe in 1936, finally retiring in 1943.

These are his promotions:

Fähnrich zur See (22 Apr 1902)

Leutnant zur See (29 Sep 1904)

Oberleutnant zur See (30 Mar 1906)

Kapitänleutnant (21 Jun 1911)

Charakter als Korvettenkapitän (24 Nov 1919)

Major (01 Apr 1936)

Oberstleutnant (01 Oct 1937)

Oberst (01 Nov 1939)

Generalmajor (01 Nov 1940)

Generalleutnant (01 Apr 1943)

and his Luftwaffe positions:

In the Staff of the General-Air-Equipment-Master/RLM (01 Dec 1935-31 Jul 1936)

Advisor in the Supply-Office, RLM (01 Aug 1936-31 May 1937)

Quartermaster with Air-District-Command I (01 Jun 1937-30 Jun 1938)

Quartermaster with Air-Region-Command XVII and Commander of Air-Equipment-Group XVII (01 Jul 1938-31 Jul 1939)

Senior-Quartermaster of Air-Fleet 2 (01 Aug 1939-28 Feb 1941)

Commander of Air-Equipment-Group VIII (01 Mar 1941-10 Nov 1941)

Commander of Air-Equipment-Group Rostov (11 Nov 1941-31 Mar 1943)

Commander of Field-Air-Equipment-Group 25 (01 Apr 1943-07 Jun 1943)

With the Staff of Air-Region-Command XXV (08 Jun 1943-18 Jun 1943)

Führer-Reserve OKL (18 Jun 1943-30 Sep 1943)

Retired (30 Sep 1943)

Died (31 Dec 1967) in Steinebach, Wörthsee

Edited by webr55

• 3 weeks later...

@ webr55,

thanks a lot for these informations about the General. They are very interesting amd very helpful for me.

I found out, that at least 5 male persons from the family von Tippelskirch were soldiers, two of them KC-holders, another one sunk with a submarine in 1943.

So this info about the Luftwaffen-General fills another gap, perfect !

Probably I will make a CD or DVD with these photos, but it is a lot work to scan them all, even if I only pick out the most interesting ones.

That will take some time however.

I will let You know when it is available.

Thanks for all infos and nice words so far.

Kind regards

Robert

please mr musketiii sorry i do not know your name if you allso have that amount of pics a cd or dvd would allso be nice,any chance to show a few on here?thanks doug

Hola Doug and everyone. I am retired in Mexico,near Guadalajara.I gave my collection of German militaria and uniforms to my son in Dallas before digital cameras were invented. I regret I am unable to access these relics to photograph. The didigtal camera has opened up collections that otherwise only a select few would see and I have been downloading them like a vast postal stamp collection,over 25000+ images including fotos. What else do I have to do with my time?? I wish I was back at work.Anyway, I think the future collectors should have a central collecting point for digital images certainly including photographs such as these owned by Mr. Noss. These wonderful fotos would have mouldered in some closet then been thrown out by a disinterested descendent and lost to the future historians. I do know it takes time and energy to scan and upload and I would happily pay for a CD or DVD, although I live on a budget. Think of the treasures available now..uniforms and insignia only a few of which would be included in text books and then in smeary B&W or off color fotos. So we are gifting future collectors and preserving an era's history. Never have uniforms and insignia been better made and more beautiful. Best to all,John H Wilson

hi john, now we have a name lol, does your son still have these items? :unsure: if so can you not pursuade him to join here and show?

[/quote

Hola Doug..His wife packed it all away and when I was last visiting,refused to unpack. I told him they both need to know current values but she would not be moved. John

Hallo Robert :beer:

Some great pictures, thanks for posting, easy to see how the youth of Germany was duped into following the flag with all its Propaganda, I wonder how many of these youngsters died following the flag, I would imagine only a small percentage of them survived the war. :(

Kevin in Deva :beer:

We have a gentleman still living close by me in the USA that was in the Hilter Youth at age 14 , survived the war, and retired as a US Army Major. Served In Korea and Vietnam and is still very active in the VFW, Legion and other Veteran's Groups.

We have a gentleman still living close by me in the USA that was in the Hilter Youth at age 14 , survived the war, and retired as a US Army Major. Served In Korea and Vietnam and is still very active in the VFW, Legion and other Veteran's Groups.

I met an elderly lady here (age is relative,I am 70) who is still beautiful at 82.She has no computer.I invited her up to my place and showed her my BDM collection,among others.She was amazed and rattled on about the unifoms,the leaders and locations she recognized etc. I was afraid it would make her sad,but I was wrong. I also played many of the good old songs as I have a vast collection.I made her some CDs and bought her a CD player. I do not give out NS music,only the traditional. What an afternoon and she wants to come back.If she was only 70!!?? John

• 2 years later...