News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

First World War postcards

Eduardo

• Replies 316
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another view of P?ronne.

See the building at the top left with the arched ground floor windows, I had a beer there 2 years ago and then bought a sandwich in the bakery on the right, just about where the 3 soldiers are on horseback.

My great great uncle Bob is buried near to the church at Hebuterne and I've been there quite a few times. He was killed on the Somme in Oct. 1916.

Tony

Interestng Tony how can the pictures be asociated to the present. The destruction and dead of the Great War and their aftermaths are present when I have to lecture about it to my students. My grandfather had two sister who remained single, a natural result of the demographic disaster that is not ofter thought off. Next time in Europe hope have the time to visit some of these places.

The ruins of Laucourt

Edited by Eduardo

Having finished the British Advance on the Somme set of cards, I continue with some loose ones of the war in French soil. To beguin two very similar views of the Cathedral of Reims.

This first one by "Thuillier editeur, Epernay.