News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

A-H Bravery Medals?

Tom Y

Szervusz Tom -

The medals look good - the kopies that are floating around are very poor (so far) To me the medals look good and the dual repeat bar on the large bravery is probably period as well. Key question to ask "is there a mark underneath the repeat bars" - all originals that I have seen have them, but I am careful with the word "all". The center two obviusly have new ribbons - or NOS ribbons. A few rolls of bravery ribbon keep popping up around here and they keep using new brass hooks and eyelet. Though they are getting smarter by painting the hardware white or black enamel as some manufacturers did. The outter two ribbons look more period - but check the hardware - only a reverse shot will tell you that! Personaly never dealt with the individual - cant help you there.

Hi Tom,

IMHO als medals are good, the 2nd and 3rd ribbon seem to be new ones. As Hunyadi wrote, you have to look at the backside of the repeated awards bar if thre is a marker mark JC, zimbler whatever. but i know also old bars for repeated award with NO marks.

regards

Haynau

what does he ask for them? everythin less than 90 USD would be a real bargain.

Guest Rick Research

The silver medals should also have a tiny indented "dot" assay office hallmark on the rims at about 1 o'clock-- normally the "A" of Vienna. I know some were supposedly made in Budapest, but I've never seen any other mark.

Hallo Tom :beer:

small point, wonder why he didnt turn over the bronze?? the silver looks ok, I would say the two clean looking ribbons are replacements, the hollow rivet in them looks to have a wider rim where the hook goes through.

Kevin in Deva, :beer:

Hallo Tom :beer:

small point, wonder why he didnt turn over the bronze?? the silver looks ok, I would say the two clean looking ribbons are replacements, the hollow rivet in them looks to have a wider rim where the hook goes through.

Kevin in Deva, :beer:

Maybe unintetional. Thanks all. I think I'm gonna go for the FJ Large Silver.

The silver medals should also have a tiny indented "dot" assay office hallmark on the rims at about 1 o'clock-- normally the "A" of Vienna. I know some were supposedly made in Budapest, but I've never seen any other mark.

These are on a Small FJ Silver I have at 1:00[attachmentid=57237]

and 11:00[attachmentid=57239]

I had assumed they were rim dings. The 11:00 looks more dingy than the scan shows.

• 2 weeks later...

and the repeat bars have this[attachmentid=58347]

with enough discoloration (looks like nicotine stains) to show that they've been there for a while.[attachmentid=58348]

All in all I think I done good. :cheers:

Wow - that is a nice one - wish I had gotten home to find that! From what you have shown - no doubt that its 110% original in every way. Nice find!

Thanks I think maybe I'll keep it :lol: Wonder if the mark on the bars could be related to the square marked EK's.