News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

An unusual EK2 spange

Here is the ribbon. My question is how were these fastened to the ribbon? There are little cuts in this ribbon which the arms/loops fit into but it hardly seems like a good solution. was there a proper way these were secured?

Very nice Sal ! I've seen a few of these with the slides rather than prongs, but never seen a maker marked one before. I suspect these notches in the ribbon may have been caused by just wear/friction rubbing against the slides rather than deliberate. The small length of the ribbon when worn on the buttonhole wouldn't really leave much opportunity for the clasp to slide up and down so I think it was just left "loose".

Guest Darrell

Hi Sal.

I have an EK2 Spange exactly like yours ... but with the standard 4 prong device. It is also Maker Marked L/13 on the reverse in the same position. Same die flaws in the date as yours :food-smiley-004:

Thats it forget the Limey you bugger Sal, Marcus was there too mad.gif

HEHEHEHE Yours I think is a bit special in regard to the material it's made of isn't it ?

Remember when I was on this exact forum in Germany, I'd just joined, good to see you here to Sal.

Kr

Marcus

I remember well Marcus, you were buying every old wound badge and Hindenburg cross the guy had! How many you got now you cheeky little monkey? Oh wait till i post the packeted kvks that I got at the little shop by Franks.

mint unissued with the tissue paper even!

Best, Sal

Thats it forget the Limey you bugger Sal, Marcus was there too angry.gif

HEHEHEHE Yours I think is a bit special in regard to the material it's made of isn't it ?

Remember when I was on this exact forum in Germany, I'd just joined, good to see you here to Sal.

Kr

Marcus