News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Trench daggers and fighting knives...

• Replies 95
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be an "improved" French knife ?

Hello Chris,

Don't think it's an improved French knife. According to " German Military Fighting knives" written by Gordon A. Hughes, there were a lot of German " Nachkampfmesser' similar like yours.

Kind regards,

Jef

[attachmentid=56820]

This just ooooozes high quality....

Very nice knife Chris, :jumping::jumping:

:shame: as long as nobody ooooozes high quality blood playing with it :o:P

Have a nice weekend, I am off to the country place for the weekend to pick some grapes and apples :D

Kevin in Deva :beer:

Am I imagining things, or is this one of the first "true stilletto" designs I have seen from the german side. Maybe that is why it stands out.

Chris,

One thing for sure, that is no general purpose hunters knife. It was made for one reason, letting blood, not opening letters. It is a nice quality piece and the style is Germanic. If you got it from Germany, there is at least a better than average chance it was made there. I have a German trench made dagger that I will photo and post tomorrow. It is made from steel and shell brass. The blade is at least 1/8 inch thick and is very sharp and stiff. I have a photo somewhere of a German machinegunner wearing a near identical one in his boot. Maybe a trench knife thread is in order, if you think you are up to it. :cheeky:

Dan

• 2 years later...

Has anyone heard of German soldiers forbidden to carry non issue combat knives?

I recently read (but do not know where) that they had certain amounts of combat knives issued and that private ones were forbidden. The issue number was something silly like 6-12 per Komp.

best

Chris

• 3 years later...