News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

Trench daggers and fighting knives...

There are plenty of the common varieties around. Prices vary widely, but in general, you can still get a decent one for $150 or less. Some models sell for hundreds, but they are the scarcer types. Logos, inscriptions and unit marks naturally bring the higher prices.

Chip

• Replies 95
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the information Chip. 

It would be nice to get something like Don posted.. on ebay there is something similar with its leather hold down strap missing, and from what I can tell the leather loop that goes around the belt is splitting, or has already done so.  At the moment its sitting at roughly $115.00.  

mchapman,

Personally, I'd wait for a better condition example. Depending on what condition you are looking for, of course.

Eric,

When I mentioned inscriptions, I didn't mean anything postwar. Like you, the export examples don't interest me.

Chip

I suppose the price relates to the Demag stamp. These type daggers sell for less here. I just watched three beautiful condition stag grip knives sell for $100, $125 and $150. I'm sure the seller was disappointed.

Chip

Yeah, I'd like to hold out for something thats intact but shows a bit of wear, like the one Don posted.  

I figured the demag stamp had something to do with its value. 

For kicks I checked US ebay and noticed a couple unmarked knives that look good, sure enough pricing in the States is lower.  Thats good for us collectors in the N. America.  :) 

• 1 year later...

Figured I'd resurrect this thread with a question about a unit marked "dmag crank bayonet" Im looking to buy.   It looks fine to me, but I would like to get your opinions before putting money down, since its not "cheap".   Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Looks lethal!  And highly illegal here in law abiding Canada, which is an annoyance to collectors but perhaps not a totally unreasonable regulation, given the kind of idiot who is attracted to such things.  I'm thinking bikers and Wallies, BTW, not military history bufs!

Very nice addition Don.  

My g-grandpa brought his own brass knuckles when he deployed to Europe, 2nd Infantry Division.  They are on display at my aunts house along with a couple of my uncles ww2 Japanese trinkets.

On 6/30/2016 at 10:36, mchapman said:

Figured I'd resurrect this thread with a question about a unit marked "dmag crank bayonet" Im looking to buy.   It looks fine to me, but I would like to get your opinions before putting money down, since its not "cheap".   Thanks in advance for any feedback.  

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

On 6/30/2016 at 11:28, Chris Boonzaier said:

I like the stamping, and I like the knife!

I like the fixable knife but I don't like the marking - sorry! I am no expert but all the DEMAG ones I have seen are marked in the usual German fashion, that is horizontally to the mouth of the scabbard, not vertically. Also, the lettering and numbers used here are all the wrong size and the marking itself is not the regular official format. And what is the marking supposed to mean? If the "B" is for Bavaria, then there was no 8th Bavarian Jaeger unit, apart from which this would also be the first ever known example of an EB 01 in Bavarian service - the majority of unit-marked ones are for Saxon units.

Sorry to be a downer... Yes, it could be an irregular unofficial marking, but to what unit?

Trajan

Ah, 'my bad' as you guys say... Yes, an 'R' - I was looking at the wrong photograph! OK, so it's both a sloppy and an unofficial-style marking, but I have seen worse...! And a first for me in being the first one of these EB 01 I have seen marked to a Baden-based unit - not that I claim to have to most comprehensive listing of unit-marked weapons!

Trajan

• 1 year later...
    • 6 months later...