News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• 4 weeks later...
    • Replies 99
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dear Stogieman:

What super pieces! I have not seen another cased Saxon Landwehr LS bar either, and the miniature is something that is undoubtedly almost unique.

Thanks for showing us these great items!

Unfortunately, my technical ability to send scans or photos is still lacking at this time, so I ask that someone else submit another mystery case for our analysis.

Best regards,

"SPM"

The cased Military LS Bar originally came from Detlev Niemann about 1999, if memory serves. I have never seen a miniature bar before, or since. What surprised me was when the Fire LS Bar popped up in the same case, it was obviously correct.... perfect match for the case I already had. But was really surprising was the value assigned to the bar itself by J?rg Nimmergut. Apparently, there's not many of these around.

I can run with this for awhile, Now be very careful... I want to know exactly what is in this one:

Exactly? I'd think most likely a merit cross of the Baden Order of the Z?hringer Lion, silver gilt version. Exactly enough?

But as far as I know, the cases for the merit crosses are the same as late ones for the knight crosses, and it's the only type I've seen more than once. There are maaaany different around for the knight crosses ... :speechless:

• 1 month later...