News Ticker
  • I am now accepting the following payment methods: Card Payments, Apple Pay, Google Pay and PayPal
  • Latest News

• Replies 99
    • Created
    • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think the envelope is after-market... The Lippe KVK was issued in a paper, titled packet.

Oooops, I?m sorry that I didn`t answer months ago :speechless1:

You are not right...these envelopes belong to the early crosses...SCHWARK mentioned these envelopes in his book, too.

Inside was the rest of the paper, in which the shown cross was wrapped.

So...watch out for these little envelopes.

Best regards

Solomon

Edited by Solomon

:o:speechless: Congratulations on a wonderful ensemble. I?ve never seen one of these documents before. Fantastic, absolutely fantastic! :love: Thank you for sharing.

The only possible thing that I can think of that is missing is shown below. Thank you again and best wishes, :beer:

Wild Card

• 1 month later...

The order of the wendish crown (knight cross, golden merite cross and silver merite cross) is also possible. For sure not a bigger class as a knight cross.

The boxes for the griffin order and for the order of the wendish crown are from outside the same.

But Mecklenburg-Schwerin is correct. FF = Friedrich Franz (Grandduke of Mecklenburg-Schwerin)

best regards

seeheld

Edited by seeheld

:beer: You guys are good, thought this would be a toughie. It is a case for the Griffin Knight by Rose. Didn't know the cases were identical to the Wendish Crown since it was a much more rare award. I assume it would be safe to say the order is more rare then the case in both orders from Mecklenburg. What did one have to do in order to receive a crown above the cross? As I understand from the O&E catalog they were made in silver, bronze-gilt and white metal-gilt. Would the bronze-gilt issued pieces be considered WWl issue or before. Also lately I have seen a number of Wendish Crown breast badges in silver & wondering if they were only issued for WWl or just later copies for the collector. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely

Yankee

• 2 weeks later...
    • 4 months later...
    • 1 month later...

No problem that's the point in this thread and I think your solution brings additional momentum again in this game. ;o) Best regards, Mike

PS: The Question from RED is also open! ;o)

• 3 months later...